Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiegoF
Creator
Creator

Can´t filter properly with a variable condition with an On - Demand Report

Hi professionals,

So as the title says, I have an Excel On-Demand that works with the filters you apply to the QlikSense App, mostly, but I have an issue with some variables. The thing is, I have the typical button that acts as a switch, that changes a variable name from 0 to 1, and viceversa, and this variable affects a measure from the source of this report on demand (a normal table). For example, imagine is a button that says, without VAT and switches to With VAT, and the measure obviusly changes acordingly.

I am unable to either get the value to change in nprinting (in the front, I declare the variable and I see it change from 1 to 0 and other way around, but when i download the report with different "values" for the variable, it always show me the one inicialized) nor the result I expect (I guess it´s because the variable value doesn´t change and it always shows me one possible solution).

What am I doing wrong? I´ve read the documentation and first, I thought maybe it was that the definition were just like: vVar1: 0 had to be vVar1: =0 so it could get evaluated or something but I am unable to make the report change the result depending on the value of the variable.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is very simple answer-on demand does not support variable inputs. Only field selections are applied. 
That was always a case. 

cheers

lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

Here you are:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/...

Both share the same messaging:
On-Demand reporting

You cannot create connections to Qlik Sense apps that use the following if you are generating On-Demand reports:

• Variable selections used from input buttons as triggers to select data
  • Input boxes
  • Calculated dimensions
  • Hidden tabs

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is very simple answer-on demand does not support variable inputs. Only field selections are applied. 
That was always a case. 

cheers

lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
DiegoF
Creator
Creator
Author

Ohhh okay, I thought it was weird that with variables could work but I mean, it works with fields, so why not with variables? Where does it say that? Just to read it and read more about it. In any case, thanks, I was hitting a wall then.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Here you are:

Both share the same messaging:
On-Demand reporting

You cannot create connections to Qlik Sense apps that use the following if you are generating On-Demand reports:

• Variable selections used from input buttons as triggers to select data
  • Input boxes
  • Calculated dimensions
  • Hidden tabs

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!