Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JOHN9
Contributor II
Contributor II

Can we distribute the multiple Nprinting embedded html emails to same user with respect different values filters from same field?

Hi Team,

I have created a html report on Nprinting that needs to be filtered based on location code and sent automatically to the responsible users, for that I have created the user import excel and it is triggered successfully. But now I am trying to share all location code individual reports to TOP level management to track. Now I am doing this manually.

First I have created one user and apply Location Code 1. and created publish task and sending email to the user. and I am again removing the Location code 1 filter and updating the location code 2 filter and triggering this is how I am following I am having more than 20 location code.

is there any way to automate this procedure.

your help will be much appreciated.

For Example:

I have a country field and I am using the country field filter I was able to share  automatically country wise  html embedded email reports  to users, I am unable to automate to share country wise html embedded reports to one user. 

one user having multiple country filters and each filter from the same country field I needs to share one html embedded report.

If user having 10 country filters 10 html embedded email reports.

Regards,
John

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @JOHN9 

It is little bit confusing to understand what you are doing. I think I understand half of it but second half is mixed up. To me it is always down to who needs to receive report and how report needs to be filtered. Note that you can use alternate emails to send reports to users who need to get reports based on different filters: https://nprintingadventures.com/2020/06/17/small-big-change-dynamic-email-address/

Having a case study example will be helpful, but I am rather certain we should get a working solution.

Thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
JOHN9
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

Thanks for your response the second part is I am having country field with values like Australia, CANADA, France, Italy  and Germany.

I have created one html report like country sales, created 5 filters for country field and I have created an user John and applied all the filter to him,  if I triggered emails distribution publish task he will receive all countries data at once right?, instead of that, I needs to send one html embedded report for one filter like

He needs to receive 1 email with Australia related sales 

2 email with CANADA related sales

3  email with France related sales

4  email with Italy related sales

5.  email with Germany related sales

He needs to receive total 5 html embedded reports

Hope this helps to understand my scenario. is there any possibility to automate this?

Regards,

John

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @JOHN9 

It depends how you created filters.

1. If it is one filter with all 5 countries in it - yes - your user will get 1 email with all countries combined 
  2. if it is 5 separate filters - then it will not get any reports because your filters will exclude each other

The solution is to create dummy users like:

• australia@abc.com with filter Country= Australia and alternate emails for users who need to receive Australia
  • germany@abc.com with filter Country=Germany and alternate emails for users who need to receive Germany
  • etc

then you use those dummy users as recipients in User/Group section of publish task, but in Email section you use "Alternate Email" and that way you can achieve exactly what you are describing.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.