Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulaMc
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Connection string Editor in N-Printing

Hi, in Qlikview you can view the connection string editor by going to 

repository>util>QlikSenseUtil>QliksenseUtil.exe

How do I see the connection string editor in n-printing?

PaulaMc_1-1654686376904.png

Thanks

Labels (2)
11 Replies
David_Friend
Support
Support

@PaulaMc that looks correct to me.  I would add that before doing ANYTHING you take a snapshot or a full backup of the server so if something doesn't work right you can quickly revert to a good state, and then start over the next day!

Frank_S
Support
Support

@PaulaMc

In addition to David's excellent point I will add that if you cannot image your NP server, that you set up a TEST NP server that you can restore to so you can test your NP database is OK.

Once that is done then:

• Perform Backup (there is no need to use a password as mentioned in my earlier post with May 2021 NPrinting.)
  • reset the password - (there is no password reset needed at this stage if you are using a version of NPrinting From Feb. 2020 or later)
  • Uninstall NPrinting
  • Re-install on same version (and ensure you document the username, email address, password used to install NPrinting with. (the superuser password is the password entered on the first screen of the installation process.)
  • restore backup
  • perform upgrade

Kind regards

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!