Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greeshmak
Contributor
Contributor

Data Reduction with NPrinting reports

Hi,

I want to create a report and distribute it to multiple users such that they get a reduced version of the data with only the information for the specific region they have access to. I tried adding section access to my QlikSense application. While creating the connection in NPrinting, I enabled the box that says  'Apply user section access for reports' and also added nprinting account as identity but still does not work. Is there a document with detailed steps on how to implement this?

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It is documented in the official help site at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/Introduction/Introduction.htm. I suggest you to start by reading the Getting Started tutorial and evaluate to use Qlik NPrinting filters instead of using Section Access because with filters you will have a faster reports generation. 

April 2019 is also a very old and no more supported version so I also suggest you to upgrade to a more recent version. Latest is better.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Additionally @greeshmak 

It's not enough to simple check the 'Apply user section access for reports'.

You also need to at the very least ensure that the NP service account user the identity of the user used in the NP connection are part of the load script of your QVF

To avoid using section access at all, you can simply use 'user' filters to achieve the same results as section access without using section access.

NPrinting filters

• User A: region 1
  • User B: region 2
  • User C: region 3

This link describes how to create NP filters, setup user filters and Distribute reports.

This is one of the most common use cases with NPrinting and fairly straight forward to implement.

If you are new to NPrinting I suggest checking out the following online material to help guide and develop your NPrinting knowledge journey.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Qlik-NPrinting-Training-and-Information-Resources-Step-...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!