Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JOHN9
Contributor II
Contributor II

Email groups are not updating in Qlik Nprinting users import task by using Excel file.

Hello Team,

I am using Qlik Nprinting 2023 version and importing the users by using Excel file.  And in that I am having 100 users for each email group names as  Group1, Group2, Group3 and Group4.

And I am importing new 200 users post import  each group should have 50 new users and I have selected all the check boxes while running import task.

But, Existing users are not untaged to the groups it is added 50 users on top of existing users for  each group.

Can anyone help me to untag/delete users based on new import source.

Let me know anything we needs to taken care before importing.

Regards,

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@JOHN9 

First, check that you are not encountering one of the known limiations mentioned here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

At a high level and without knowing more about your environment (import file and existing NP users) It sounds like you 'may' have created several of your NP users and groups manually before implementing the recipient import.

What you can do is remove the manually created users created one by one in the NP web console.

The perform a single import. 
***Recommend removing only one user via the NP web console to test with.***

Then when successful, repeat for all users.

Then you can manage all users with a single recipient import. 

Users manually entered are not manged by the recipient import process. 

cc @Ruggero_Piccoli This point is not in our documentation. Perhaps we need to add it. 

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you delete the groups from the Excel file and remove them from user rows and have the following options activated:

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1697116329950.png

groups deleted from the file will be deleted also from Qlik NPrinting. I just tested with May 2023 SR2.

You can delete groups also via APIs https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/APIs/NP+API/index.html?page=32.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@JOHN9  can you please provide a screenshot of how you have your Import users configured in Nprinting?

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are you using the same import task to update all those users?

Cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@JOHN9 

First, check that you are not encountering one of the known limiations mentioned here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

At a high level and without knowing more about your environment (import file and existing NP users) It sounds like you 'may' have created several of your NP users and groups manually before implementing the recipient import.

What you can do is remove the manually created users created one by one in the NP web console.

The perform a single import. 
***Recommend removing only one user via the NP web console to test with.***

Then when successful, repeat for all users.

Then you can manage all users with a single recipient import. 

Users manually entered are not manged by the recipient import process. 

cc @Ruggero_Piccoli This point is not in our documentation. Perhaps we need to add it. 

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you delete the groups from the Excel file and remove them from user rows and have the following options activated:

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1697116329950.png

groups deleted from the file will be deleted also from Qlik NPrinting. I just tested with May 2023 SR2.

You can delete groups also via APIs https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/APIs/NP+API/index.html?page=32.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.