Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwb139
Creator
Creator

Excel Pivot Table Show Value

Hi all,

I am creating a pivot table in excel and have everything I need save for one column (Account Number) where I would merely like the value displayed. I've tried using the pivot table value field settings to "show values as" and then do no calculation but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this? Thanks so much!

rwb139_0-1610641032593.png

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

do I understand correctly that you want just to display account number? If so, Does it mean that you are going to have 1 account per each row? If yes and your accounts are just numeric you could use functions like MIN or MAX instead. If they are alphanumeric values then you could take this approach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=wslp2BqHuz8  (I know its a lot of work, but it works)

On the other hand if for each row there are are groups of account then there is no "Concat" function in pivot table which you could use unfortunately...

Other questions: 

• do you need your account placed exactly in the last column? 
    • maybe this could be a workaround with some form of vlookup function outside of pivot table
  • If you could post a picture/mockup of how does it need to look like in excel it will be easier to come up with solution. For similar requirements where you are not using columns dimensions in pivot table I often go down to regular straight table and work my way by using levels in NPrinitng designer to create subtotal and totals and create pivot table look 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.