Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jakub_VO
Contributor
Contributor

Excel formulas not working when using on demand reporting

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  as you have suggested I have reworked my question:

I have encountered following issue when working with NPrinting and ondemand button (Qlik Sense November 2019)

on my XLS report in one of the tables I have added excel formula =[TEST_YY]+2 when i generate report with preview button, formula is working fine, but when I go to dashboard and use on demand reporting, then instead of calculations I get =#REF!+2

To test it you can make following script (thanks to @Lech_Miszkiewicz )

Test:
Load
TEST_YY,
TEST_XX

Inline
[
TEST_XX, TEST_YY
43939, 439
43939, 439
43940, 440
43942, 441
43950, 442
43950, 442
43951, 443
43955, 444
43959, 445
]
;

exit script;

Make a straight table with 2 dimensions: 

table.JPG

Connect this app to NPrinting, regenerate metadata and create Excel based template

Add table to your Table tags

Drag and drop it to excel sheet and convert it to Table

tempsnip.png

Add additional column with formula =[TEST_YY]+2

template.JPG

Now, when using preview button the result is following:

table preview.JPG

But when using ondemand button on dashboard resulted table looks like that:

table ondemand button.JPG

I have also checked when creating a report with NPrinting tasks resulted table looks like on preview so problem is only with ondemand reporting.

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Jakub_VO 

I tested this in my environment on NPrinting  April 2020 and it is all working fine without issues.

In this case you may want to provide detailed description of how you build your template. Also make sure you provide screenshots so we can see if/how you use below settings for table used as a source:

• "Keep Source Formats"
  • "Expand Range"
  • Also make sure you describe steps on how you create your named table so you can use referenced formulas like yours.
  • last very important thing is to always choose correct label for software you are using. Your generic label "Qlik NPrinting" does not help as each version is very different and has different features.

see this topic to get an idea how to prepare description of your problem so we can replicate: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Chart-Legend-containing-Date-has-different-...

The better you describe your problem the quicker you may get an answer how to fix it.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Jakub_VO 

I thing i noticed is that your named table gets "pushed down by other" objects.. So you create it in C69:E70 range and in your result preview it lands in different range C97:E104

Can you just try putting this table (only for testing at the top of your sheet)? like in row 1...

The other thing - and this something I am not sure is that I always create a named table with extra row and I add deleterow tag in this extra row.... (dont worry about arrows... just notice that my named table has range B1:D3 and deleterow tag...)

1.png   

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Jakub_VO
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz just tested with table in first row and <deleterow> tag

Jakub_VO_1-1592227614924.png

See the result with ondemand reporting below:

Jakub_VO_0-1592227560170.png

So no change.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Jakub_VO 

I am out of options here. @Ruggero_Piccoli - what do you think, anything you can add or is this a subject for support case?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Try to upgrade to June 2020. It has a similar issue fixed so I don't know if it is the same but they look similar.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.