Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Kabuki_1 

1. All those versions you have listed are no longer supported so I cannot test solution I would apply

2. You cannot use all the versions you have listed at the same time so we dont know to which version we would need to prepare our answer for. Answer to this question may be related to the version in use. What is your version? Please remove all versions from this post to avoid creating mess and chaos and use only label for the version you are using,

3. Same applies to QlikView vs Qlik Sense - which one are you going to use in your report? Clean labels and leave only the relevant label to your situation

4. There is many different ways you can achieve this in supported version of NPrinting. Most answers will depend on the Qlik app data mode which you have not described. The way I do this is:

* I create dimension in Qlik Data model to have months and YTD value grouping all required dates

* using the above dimension as a Page tag in excel template

* more details about PAGE functionality as always on https://help.qlik.com - make sure you study the help page thoroughly on NPrinting development as it is necessary.

• There is obviously question on whether you always want to show all months or only months which fall under YTD period
  • You didn't mention if and how you currently handle YTD and Period selections. I normally build required relationships and quick calendar selections like YTD,MTD, QTD in data model by linking those periods to calendar. 

There are other options which you can do - but they are no longer as elegant and practical as above mentioned one and use case can depend on if you can use object filters to create your table.

• If you can -  (no need for levels?) - then you can also create sheet for each month separately and also for YTD, bring source table as many times as many sheets you have and apply to each of them corresponding filter - not elegant and not dynamic solution.
  • or you can have source table dumping data to one sheet and vlookups formulas going to pick up data only for certain months

As you can see there can be many options but my approach would be with PAGE tag as it is best practice for such use case.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Create-Excel-Reports.ht...

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

@Kabuki_1 

As lech mentioned, older versions of NPrinting are not supported and urgently recommended to upgrade as soon as possible.

In any case to achieve your report output you need to know that summing is not possible with Sense chart xlsx data download exports so summing wont be available in your NPrinting report either by default.

The workaround solution to meet your requirement is as follows:

1. Create a new NP xlsx report

2. Add your "Month" dimension to the "Page" option in the NP designer (top right of your designer).

3. Use "summing" technique in NPrinting as seen here: 

4. Preview your report

This will produce a single workbook and a sheet for each month with a summed value for expression columns that you choose to sum.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Kabuki_1 

1. All those versions you have listed are no longer supported so I cannot test solution I would apply

2. You cannot use all the versions you have listed at the same time so we dont know to which version we would need to prepare our answer for. Answer to this question may be related to the version in use. What is your version? Please remove all versions from this post to avoid creating mess and chaos and use only label for the version you are using,

3. Same applies to QlikView vs Qlik Sense - which one are you going to use in your report? Clean labels and leave only the relevant label to your situation

4. There is many different ways you can achieve this in supported version of NPrinting. Most answers will depend on the Qlik app data mode which you have not described. The way I do this is:

* I create dimension in Qlik Data model to have months and YTD value grouping all required dates

* using the above dimension as a Page tag in excel template

* more details about PAGE functionality as always on https://help.qlik.com - make sure you study the help page thoroughly on NPrinting development as it is necessary.

• There is obviously question on whether you always want to show all months or only months which fall under YTD period
  • You didn't mention if and how you currently handle YTD and Period selections. I normally build required relationships and quick calendar selections like YTD,MTD, QTD in data model by linking those periods to calendar. 

There are other options which you can do - but they are no longer as elegant and practical as above mentioned one and use case can depend on if you can use object filters to create your table.

• If you can -  (no need for levels?) - then you can also create sheet for each month separately and also for YTD, bring source table as many times as many sheets you have and apply to each of them corresponding filter - not elegant and not dynamic solution.
  • or you can have source table dumping data to one sheet and vlookups formulas going to pick up data only for certain months

As you can see there can be many options but my approach would be with PAGE tag as it is best practice for such use case.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Create-Excel-Reports.ht...

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Kabuki_1 

As lech mentioned, older versions of NPrinting are not supported and urgently recommended to upgrade as soon as possible.

In any case to achieve your report output you need to know that summing is not possible with Sense chart xlsx data download exports so summing wont be available in your NPrinting report either by default.

The workaround solution to meet your requirement is as follows:

1. Create a new NP xlsx report

2. Add your "Month" dimension to the "Page" option in the NP designer (top right of your designer).

3. Use "summing" technique in NPrinting as seen here: 

4. Preview your report

This will produce a single workbook and a sheet for each month with a summed value for expression columns that you choose to sum.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!