Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

How to sort the way Pages appears ?

Hello,

I'm using the Page feature to have a Power Point created with one sheet per Country.

Is it possible to sort the way the countries will appear in my PPT ?  I would like to have them sorted by an expression

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Say you were paging on region

North, south, east and west

Add a field called region order and set the order you want. If NOrth is your most important region then set that to 1, second most important 2 etc...

Then you can set your page/level by the region order field and label it as the region name.

Hope this helps

Andy

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

You need to do the sorting in QlikView or Qlik Sense. NPrinting will pickup whatever sorting preferences you create there. There isn't a way to sort with NPrinting.

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

So, if I want to sort a Page feature, I need to use a field and change its default sort in the document settings ?

it will work this way ?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Say you were paging on region

North, south, east and west

Add a field called region order and set the order you want. If NOrth is your most important region then set that to 1, second most important 2 etc...

Then you can set your page/level by the region order field and label it as the region name.

Hope this helps

Andy

whiteside
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

can you sent some screenshots?

i have the same issue. I use  four digit IDs like 1000, 1200,1450, 2000 etc. So i assumed that i would not need the additional step you describe. But Npriting creates Tabs in the Excel in no specific order starting at 1450, 1715, 1200 and so on.

I am not sure how to implement the step you mentioned:
"Then you can set your page/level by the region order field and label it as the region name."

mjperreault
Creator
Creator

Hi @ogster1974 ,

I was wondering how you labelled your Page as the Region Name as opposed to the Region Number.  I have a similar use case so I created an ordering field but when I add the Page to excel I don't seem to be able to label the individual tabs anything other than their Order Number.  I am on NPrinting April 2020.

Thanks,
Mark

Orli-Liveu
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

I have problem using the pages loop in PowerPoint, I take from the qlik sense table and do a loop by region.

Because some regions have 10 rows and other have 9 rows,  I get empty rows in some of the slides at the end of the table. Do you have a solution? maybe VBA/Macro?

Thanks