Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Images not positioned properly in PowerPoint Report

I am currently having some issues with PowerPoint Reports not positioning the images pulled in from QlikView properly. In my report template, I have all the charts aligned to the right and vertically distributed between the grid lines I have put in. However, when I run the preview, my images do not all come out aligned to the right. How do I make sure that the images 1) stay lined up (in this case to the right), or 2) simply locked to a certain position on the slide?

Note 1: I am using the Fit Inside value for the Stretch property.

Template                                                          Report Preview

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

what Mike recommended is a good one.  There is also an article and part of it uses powerpoint as an example, which may help you as well

Image Dimension Management in Microsoft Office Reports

FYI, if you wind up doing something similar in word, I sugest you build a table in word and then place the objects in the table, align as desired and then hide the grid lines - this will help avoid the same issue you are having in PowerPoint

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is likely being caused by the "size to data" being checked on your layout tab of your chart.   If your chart width is 500 pixels on your caption tab and you only have 450 pixels used in your chart.  Size to data will reduce the width of the image on the screen.  However, I am pretty sure that Nprinting imports the actual width of the chart from the size.

So, to resolve this I disable size to data and then adjust the chart width and height on the caption tab to exactly the size of the object.

This should work for you unless your chart can grow substantially.

Try that and see if it helps 

Not applicable
Author

what Mike recommended is a good one.  There is also an article and part of it uses powerpoint as an example, which may help you as well

Image Dimension Management in Microsoft Office Reports

FYI, if you wind up doing something similar in word, I sugest you build a table in word and then place the objects in the table, align as desired and then hide the grid lines - this will help avoid the same issue you are having in PowerPoint

Not applicable
Author

Do you have an example how to resolve this issue in an Excel report?