Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhirendra_Kharwar__13373
Contributor II
Contributor II

Last row of Pivot Table is not merging of second, third, forth of columns when applying Grand Total in Qlik N-Printing

Dear,

I am getting an issue when I'm trying to create a pivot table in Nprinting. The issue is that the last row of the second and third columns is not merging when applying Grand Total and then I am previewing the report in PDF format.

Qlik NPrinting ting May 2021 SR3

Version: 21.14.7.0

Column1 Column2 Column3 Column4 Measure1 Measure2
Row1 Row1 Row1 Row1 1 23
Row2 Row2 2 23
Row2 Row3 Row3 3 23
Row4 Row4 4 23
Row2 Row3 Row5 Row5 5 23
Row4 Row6 Row6 6 23
Row7 Row7 7 23
Row8 8 23
Row5 Row8 Row9 9 23
  Row9 Row10 10 23
    Row11 11 23
Grand Total 66 253

The problem in the last row of 2ns,3rd, and so on columns is shown in the Image.

Please suggest me a solution for the same

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok - lets start from the beginning...

1. out of all supported and unsupported versions you listed in the label which is the one you actully use - is this the one you wrote in text? If yes - there is no point listing all the labels as they are creating confusion. Instead always use only the label of the version you use.
  2. This does not look like a pivot table - it looks more like a report which is meant to "look like pivot table" but is made of probably levels and tables inside of the level
    1. If that is the case then we would need to see how your template is built. I am guessing you could use "delete row"  tag in some places to avoid getting borders passed from cells below - but again - hard to say without understanding what exactly is happening there.
  3. screenshots of template withs steps on how to replicate your issue would be helpful (or if it is dummy app just attach Qlik Sense app and export report template so we can have working files to deal with)

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

From May 2021 SR3 to latest available version (May 2022 SR3) we did many updates on how merged cells are managed. Refer to the Release Notes for the details. 

In addition to @Lech_Miszkiewicz 's suggestions, you should update your installation and check if with latest version the issue still appears. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Dhirendra_Kharwar__13373 

If what you have shown is actually a pivot table (I agree with Lech that it does not look like a pivot table), you should check this most commonly missed steps when creating a Pivot table with QlikView or Qlik Sense data.

Also ensure the points that Ruggero made are followed accurately.

Kind regards...and see below:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Pivot-table-Excel.htm

Ensuring data is refreshed when report is opened

If you do not perform these steps, you will see an empty pivot table in the generated report.

Do the following:

1. Under the PivotTable Tools - Analyze tab. On the left, click the Options drop down menu .
  2. Select the Data tab.
  3. Click the Refresh data when opening the file check box.
  4. Set Number of items to retain per field to None.

Click OK.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!