cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulaMc
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Lost NPrinting Superuser password

I need to upgrade an account today and we lost the NPrinting password. 

From previous discussions, as we are using the May 21 version of Nprinting, and documentation we cannot reset the password. Instead we take a backup of the data and then do a re-install of the NPrinting Server. 

My questions are. 

1. When i try and restore the backup will this connect? (I know it says you dont need it for the backup but how will it know that the password has changed)

2. Will this reconnect back with Qlikview? is there any config required?

Any help on this will be great. 

ps - we do not have a test area for this. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@PaulaMc

If you've lost your NPrinting user password of whom is a member of the NPrinting"Administrator" role , please contact the Qlik Support and we will see what we can do.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It is not clear to me which password you lost.

Did you lost the password of a Qlik NPrinting user? If yes did you configured the Windows login? If you lost the password of a Qlik NPrinting user that is also administrator you can also check if you have another user with administrator role. If you configured the SMTP server and the URLs of the Qlik NPrinting server you can use the password recovery procedure https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/Recipients&Users/Changing-user-passw...

Or did you lost the repository superuser password? Or the password to connect the Qlik NPrinting Engines?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@PaulaMc

If you've lost your NPrinting user password of whom is a member of the NPrinting"Administrator" role , please contact the Qlik Support and we will see what we can do.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
David_Friend
Support
Support

@PaulaMc yes open a support case, we can help with this.