Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afbraga1
Creator
Creator

Multiple page Report with Multiple Connections

Hello,

As of late, I've been trying to develop an NPrinting Excel report with connectons to 2 different qvw files, i.e., 2 connections.

The issue is: I have noticed that when I added a Page which will cycle the field Country, it creates multiple pages according to Country's values, but the data is different only for the connection of the Page's field Country. The data of the other connection which also has a field named Country is static across all excel pages.

Is there a way to make the data change for all connections across a multiple pages cycle? Thank you.

Version: Qlik NPrinting September 2019

Best regards,

André Braga

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Unfortunately if you cycle a dimension that appears in two separate QVWs ie: country, this will not produce the output that you require. In order to correctly cycle a dimension, it would require a linked field.

Linked fields are a limitation of NPrinting 17+ platform.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/Migrate/Before-you-migrate.htm#...

To work around this the only way to cycle a common dimension create a single QVW which contains 'all' the data you required to develop your report.

There is no plan to introduce linked fields at time after speaking directly with R&D earlier today on this.

Sorry I can't give you better news on this at this time.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Unfortunately if you cycle a dimension that appears in two separate QVWs ie: country, this will not produce the output that you require. In order to correctly cycle a dimension, it would require a linked field.

Linked fields are a limitation of NPrinting 17+ platform.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/Migrate/Before-you-migrate.htm#...

To work around this the only way to cycle a common dimension create a single QVW which contains 'all' the data you required to develop your report.

There is no plan to introduce linked fields at time after speaking directly with R&D earlier today on this.

Sorry I can't give you better news on this at this time.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
afbraga1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Frank,

Thanks for your fast answer. Looks like at the moment the solution might be to replicate the objects per country in the set analysis....which I don't like...but yeah. I believe that if linked fields were brought back it would be a most wonderful feature. Many times it is faster to mashup objects from multiple apps than to create a model from scratch with data that barely has any common fields, not to talk about modelling issues that can arise.

I don't know other people hopes and dreams feature-wise but I can see this being a very good accelerator in meeting business users requirements faster.

Best regards,

André Braga