Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deep2021
Creator III
Creator III

N priting issue while editing the template.

Hi,

Whenever I am trying to EDIT the n printing report, it is showing the message as,

"you'll need a new app to open this link".

Could you please suggest how to go ahead because I am unable to edit the template in n printing.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Your latest issue seems due to your zoom settings and can be resolved by changing to 100 percent. The appearance of your designer is a giveaway to this issue so posting that image is very helpful.

See the following article.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/NPrinting-Designer-does-not-open-preview-Fails-or-other-temp...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Frank answer is correct regarding zoom level.

Now you may also tell us what you were missing all the time? The documentation links contained everything what was required in my opninion, so I am interested to know what you have done to actually make it working. Would you be able to share which steps you missed (if you did miss any), or what you have done again differently that it finally started working for you?

I guess it will be very helpful for other users on community to know that.

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

did you check this: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Can-not-launch-NPrinting-Designer-from-NPri...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
deep2021
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes, Although I installed the n printing designer, it is showing me an error as 

"RPC server is unavailable" and the template could not open.

Apart from this, in the task manager I can see n print instance.

The excel template is unable to open in the edit mode.

Same issues I can face on the server. But other people are able to edit and use the template.

I can access the template only by using DOD login. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Have you got MsOffice (Excel or whatever other template you need) installed on the Pc from which you are trying to edit template? It is required as documented in help page: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...

Also check in your task manager if there is stale excel process which you may need to kill.

Make sure you meet all requirements from https://help.qlik.com - there is a lot to cover so there is no point for me to give you links to every page. Just go through all requirements and make sure you meet all of them 100%

I dont understand what do you mean by "DOD login"?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

by the way - make sure your MsOffice is licensed so before trying to use it with NPrinting ensure that you can open and edit excel/ms office files from the machine from which you are trying to edit template.

cheers

deep2021
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your value able response.

I have checked the above article. I have installed all necessary software in my machine.

However, it is populating the below screen.

deep2021_0-1629275340034.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I know how the error looks like...

so,

If you still have issues it is clearly something wrong with your PC,  MSOffice and/or NPrinitng designer issue. I would then try to reinstall both, restart machine etc... If issue persists I would open support ticket with Qlik!

cheers

deep2021
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Now it seems all issues are resolved. but only thing is that the excel report is not visible properly in my machine.

Also the options related to excel like formatting are also not visible.

It is showing slider and excel options are invisible.

deep2021_0-1629290944622.png

deep2021_1-1629292097705.png

I have installed office 365 pro plus in my machine.

Thanks

Frank_S
Support
Support

Your latest issue seems due to your zoom settings and can be resolved by changing to 100 percent. The appearance of your designer is a giveaway to this issue so posting that image is very helpful.

See the following article.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/NPrinting-Designer-does-not-open-preview-Fails-or-other-temp...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Frank answer is correct regarding zoom level.

Now you may also tell us what you were missing all the time? The documentation links contained everything what was required in my opninion, so I am interested to know what you have done to actually make it working. Would you be able to share which steps you missed (if you did miss any), or what you have done again differently that it finally started working for you?

I guess it will be very helpful for other users on community to know that.

thanks

Lech