Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miredoju
Creator
Creator

NP16-Recipients import how to set notification to "Send reports to ..." instead of "Replace groups."

Hi

with NP16 I import recipients with different settings - but I can´t find setting for the notification of a recipient.

This is always set to: "Replace groups e-mail addresses with these e-mail addresses"

I would like to set it to: "Send reports to these e-mail addresses in addition to groups e-mail addresses"

Thanks for help

Michael

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
miredoju
Creator
Creator
Author

I just got a tip - that solves my problem
There is a field in recipients import - "Notification Replace".

I set it to "0" and the recipients are loaded with ".... additional".

Best Regards,
Michael

View solution in original post

25 Replies
Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hello!! 

I saw no one responded to your post. Have you checked out the NPrinting 16 Tutorials?

This one goes through Imports and Recipients:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/QlikView-NPrinting-16-Tutorials-Recipients-Us...

The other subjects are found here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/QlikView-NPrinting-16-Tutorials-by-Subject/ta...

Thank you,

Eva

Miredoju2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Eva,

Sorry I have not seen your answer until now, because my actual account miredoju no longer have access (this would have to be activated first - but I did not find a way to do that, so I created the new user miredoju2).

I could not fix my problem through the links - is there no possibility to set this parameter via import?

Thanks

Michael

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When you create the Recipients Import Task you need to map a column of the imported Excel file with the field NotificationCC.

Notification CC.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
miredoju
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

thanks - but it doesn`t help - let me explain step by step:

I do an recipient import and add recipient and also CC: recipient + recipient group - that import works fine.
(all recipients from this import are marked under Notifications as Replace groups email with this....)

I take this group into my tasks to send out some reports - work also fine (also CC: get the email)

But I need for some tasks an additional recipient in CC: (he is not included in recipient group under CC) - so I add him into the TASK under CC: - this doesn´t work when a CC: recipient comes over the import (it only works when there is no CC Recipient from Recipient Import).

Problem is:  If there is a CC: Recipient (comes from recipient import) - the CC: recipient from task will not be set.

So I would like to set "Add or Replace" for the recipients via Import to: "Send reports to thes e-mail addresses in addition..."

Thanks

Michael

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In the Tasks where you want to add another CC recipient you need to change the default value of the Add/Replace radio button.

AddReplace Option.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
miredoju
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

my report task is already set as suggested by you (additonal)

My problem is the import of the recipients - import always set it to "replace" !!! 

Thats why I would like to set it to "additional" via import task  - but there is no field/marker for that.

If I modify recipient after import (set  Add/Replace to ...addition..) it works fine - but I can't do it for more than 1000 recipients manually after each reload...

Regards,

Michael

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You need to modify the imported Excel file and add the other emails you want to include in CC or BCC. You cannot add new emails in the ones already imported. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Miredoju2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I would not add emails in the ones I have already imported.

With import file I load recipients ,CC-recipients and GROUPs.

In my tasks I only use GROUPs (no single recipient) - for some of this TASKs I would like to send email in addition to me ( I'm not included in Import File because I would not get all emails .

Thats why I add me into some TASKs as CC: manually

This works fine when recipients in the recipient Group for this TASK has no CC: recipient imported.

But this doesn´t work if CC: recipient is maintained from import - in this case Nprinting  send email only  to this CC: recipient but not me.

For a test I modified some recipients in this group to x-additional 

This works perfekt for  this  modified recipients -  that´s why I asked for possibility to set recipients via import to additional (by default Nprinting set it to replace) - is this possible ?

Best Regards,

Michael

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

There still is something I'm not understanding.

In my  opinion you have to import the users with the CC email and groups. Then you use the Groups in the task and, always in the tasks where you want to receive the copies of the generated reports, you add yourself in the task CC and modify the Add/Replace option to Send reports... etc as I showed in the screenshot.

By doing this all emails in the users CC fields and in the tasks CC field will receive copies of the generated reports. 

If you import again the users, their profiles will be updated according to the data in the source when you import. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero