Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ijulias
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting Cell Format

Hi everybody,

I would like to change the number format of a Cell depending on the cell value.

In "Edit Cell -> Format", I've tried to put this, but it doesn't run:

If (Name_cell > 50, num(Name_cell,'0.0'), num(Name_cell,'0.00'))

Anybody knows if it's possible to do it?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @ijulias 

Inside the NP template editor or even outside the template editor a new excel worksheet, try your formula directly on the xlsx spread sheet cell where you inserted the NPrinting tag to or in blank worksheet or try to use the custom format editor in Excel.

cell formatting.PNG

If it doesn't work there as a custom cell format, then it surely won't work in the location that you are trying to do it. If it does, then it will hopefully work with NP as well.

Hope this helps....

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Did you unflagged the "Keep Source Format" option? 

If no, select the cell/column in the treeview on the left side then bottom in the properties remove the flag to the Keep source format option only for the specific cell or column.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ijulias
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Frank_S ,

I've tested you said in a new spread sheet and it runs, but in NP it doesn't run...

I suppose I'm doing something wrong...I'll try to discover it.

Thanks a lot!

ijulias
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

I unflagged the "Keep Source Format" option.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try in the way @Frank_S  suggested.