cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdean1012
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Changes Line Graph Color in PowerPoint

I have a combo chart in Qlik Sense that has three lines:  blue, orange, and green

I added the chart to an NPrinting PowerPoint and the blue and orange lines appear the same as they do in Qlik Sense.  BUT, the green line is now light blue.

Believe it or not, this is a really big deal.  I've thrown every idea and IQ point I have at it with no success.

Any ideas?  THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

1. What version of Qlik Sense are you using - are you using supported configuration where NPrinting is on equal or newer version than Qlik Sense?
  2. Sharing screenshot would help to understand how you are bringing your chart (I guess it is as an image)
  3. How are you defining colours in Qlik Sense? Are you using expression to define colours or colour palet from theme. This will be important as theme use is not set by default in NPrinting and you need to ensure some things are done before.
    1. If you are using theme you may need to check if you setup your connection to use theme which is set in Qlik Sense:Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1628219015225.png

I guess this is it what we can say at this stage unless you provide us with more detailed info on how to replicate your issue.

cheers

Lech 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jdean1012
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply, Lech.

Yes, both Qlik Sense and NPrinting are on the February 2021 release.

Yes, I am importing the combo line-graph as an image.

Colors are defined in the master measures used in the combo chart as lines.  Two work; the third does not.  I have another chart that is basically identical except for the measures used in it, and all three work.  I have compared the master measure settings and chart settings between the two charts side by side and they seem to be identical.

"Apply Sense App Theme" is NOT checked on this NPrinting connection.

Appreciate the wisdom!!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I dont know...

If you are having everything setup in master objects / measures - have you tried to build new chart completely from scratch? I would try to do that as a starting point. 

Idon't think that applying Theme checkbox would work in master measures scenario - it would be worth checking it too though, but my expectations are it wouldn't matter in this case. 

Other things to consider:

• regenerating metadata - that is obvious!
  • making sure that measure in chart is actually using master measure library colours (i know it is obvious thing, but often overlooked)
  • making sure that you are using the right object from Qlik Sense, sometimes accidently chart could be copied in Qlik Sense and you may be referencing old/other chart (again this is almost imposible, but definitely worth checking and confirming)
  • making sure "chart suggestions" checkbox is switched off in Qlik Sense chart setting

If none of the above helps I would suggest you open support ticket with Qlik,  because without actually looking at it, it will be hard to give you better advice.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Digvijay_Singh

Could you find what was the reason behind color change? I have seen this behavior when custom theme was used in the Sense app but the 'Apply Sense App Theme was not checked in nprinting connection.