Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asuod_
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Excel different Filter for each tab

Hi, 

I am new to NPrinting and Im trying to create an Excel report in NPrinting Designer and would like to have the data filtered differently for each tab. Dont know if there is that capability in NPrinting or I would have to try and create another table in the Qlik Sense App. Any advice is appreciated, thank you! 

Tab 1 - All Records

Tab 2 - Records Greater than $2500

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes its possible. 
You will need to first create an Advanced Search Filter in NPrinting. (you must test your syntax in Qlik Sense to ensure it's accurate)

The syntax I used is:

=if(sum(Sales)>10000,sum(Sales),'Below Sales Target')

In the NPrinting Designer:

1. Select the same table twice (the second table with have an _1)
  2. Drag the first table to sheet 1 in A1 (leave unfiltered)
  3. Drag the duplicate table to sheet 2 in cell A1
  4. Apply your advanced search filter to the duplicate table object on sheet 2 
  5. Save and preview the report 

Results attached.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Yes its possible. 
You will need to first create an Advanced Search Filter in NPrinting. (you must test your syntax in Qlik Sense to ensure it's accurate)

The syntax I used is:

=if(sum(Sales)>10000,sum(Sales),'Below Sales Target')

In the NPrinting Designer:

1. Select the same table twice (the second table with have an _1)
  2. Drag the first table to sheet 1 in A1 (leave unfiltered)
  3. Drag the duplicate table to sheet 2 in cell A1
  4. Apply your advanced search filter to the duplicate table object on sheet 2 
  5. Save and preview the report 

Results attached.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

Here are the results when the formula is used in a Qlik Sense straight table.

Asuod_
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank, 

Thank you for the reply! How do you create a copy of the table in NPrinting? and is there a way to not show the records that are tagged as 'Below Sales Target'? 

David_Friend
Support
Support

@Frank_S would a report filter suffice for this?

@Asuod_  to duplicate the table, just right-click on tables and add it again, NP will append a # to the end

Frank_S
Support
Support

You need to apply the filter to the object not the report. If you apply the filter to the report than both objects will be affected by the filter. You do not want that. 
To get the result needed, you need to filter the object as I have already demonstrated.

Frank_S
Support
Support

1. How do you create a copy of the table in NPrinting? 

Answer: right click on the 'tables' node to select a table. Do this twice. The second table with come with an _1. 

2..and is there a way to not show the records that are tagged as 'Below Sales Target'? 

Answer: yes. just replace 'Below Sales Target' with ' '  

This is just a blank space to take the place of below sales target.

You taken on a more advanced topic for a new to NPrinting user. 

I suggest you practice a bit and follow some of the free training found here.

Basic NPrinting template editing/design will all make sense very quickly in terms of using the NP designer.

But using formulas is a bit more complex and requires some Qlik Sense (or QlikView) experience so I tried to be as descriptive as possible for you.

Kind regards and hope it helps....