Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vanwerven
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting Governance dashboard in Qlikview (not Qliksense) - PostgreSQL data structure info

I would like to create a  Governance dashboard app within QlikView  (not Qliksense ! ) as the NPrinting web console is terrible and of no use to monitor my tasks execution results or examine my whole setup  : E.g.,  if in case I forgot to assign a user with the role 'user', the task would be finished successfully but no email would have be send . Only if I do open the task execution details, it shows no email has been send ! 

Am I the first to want to extract this NPrinting Governance Data into Qlikview as I could only find a Qliksense governance dashboard?   

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/NPrinting-Governance-Dashboard/ta-p/1744538 

As I (still) do not have Qlik sense (only Qlikview and NPrinting activated) , the designed QlikSense governance dashboard is at this moment of no use for me, and I can not open this qvf to examine the sql detail or de db structure that is used within this Sense app. 

Anyone has already done this before within Qlikview or can share some sql or the QlikView script or DB table structure setup to extract the data from NPrinting into a Qlikview app? 

The only sql info I did find was  https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-get-a-list-of-NPrinting-users-and-their-NPrinting-rep...  and this did show up the data within my qlikview . That was a great starting point just to create a starting point.  

Thanks in advance !

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is what you have in Qlik Sense app script.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Perhaps this might help.

For support on that dashboard,you may ask the developer via the conversation above.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I agree with Frank! 

I understand your concerns regarding lack of Qlik Sense but I guess you could always download Qlik Sense desktop  or sign up for Qlik Sense SaaS free trial to open and inspect the existing Qlik Sense version of that application. Would save you a ton of hassle, right?

more info how to activate your Qlik Sense desktop: https://developer.qlik.com/garden

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1630629067045.png

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
vanwerven
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the reply, but this is only for the server environment. I'm familiar with this dasboard. 

vanwerven
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I hoped someone could share as a quick start the connections within the tables. Figuring out the structure is 80% of the job.   The structure  is relatively simple but took me some trail and error to figure this out. 

Having an overview of all settings within task, reports, recipients would help me just preventing me making mistakes. These mistakes could be:

•  forgetting to add a recipient to the 'user' role. (There's no warnings within the task execution to monitor this)
  • maybe forget to enable one of the reports or recipients although the tasks was enabled. 
  • e.g...

In my humble opinion this info should have been added as primary dashboard info within the web interface ( //localhost:4993/#/dashboard)  of NPrinting as report info and not reply on an external (sense) app where each user has to figure out the odbc connection to the database and (re)load an external sense app. 

At this moment I spent an hour and already figured out the recipients , tasks and reports but not all of it. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is what you have in Qlik Sense app script.

vanwerven
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Lech ! 

Just what I asked for and needed  !

This script saved me a ton of work at will provide me a good starting point !