cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriswain2
Creator
Creator

NPrinting NewsStand Separate output for each task

I have one NPrinting 17 report with four publish tasks, each with different filters to produce different sets of information.

On email it produces 4 emails to the same recipients with different subjects, but the excel filename is the same for each.

Firstly, can I dynamically name the excel file with a different one for each task?

Secondly, because there are 4 tasks based on the same report, they overwrite each other on the NewsStand so only the final one is kept.

I know I can create 4 different reports, but they would be identical apart from the filters, so I want to avoid that.

Have I missed a feature?

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fhd
Employee
Employee

In each task, for each report, you can specify a Friendly name, which I believe would solve your problem. There you can name the reports different things and the friendly name will then be shown instead of the report title when sent as an email attachment or on the NewsStand.

To set the friendly name, go to the task -> Reports.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chriswain2
Creator
Creator
Author

Correction to the above:

They do appear as separate files on NewsStand, but with the same filename.

fhd
Employee
Employee

In each task, for each report, you can specify a Friendly name, which I believe would solve your problem. There you can name the reports different things and the friendly name will then be shown instead of the report title when sent as an email attachment or on the NewsStand.

To set the friendly name, go to the task -> Reports.

chriswain2
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Frida,

That does exactly what I want.

Chris