Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prathapg1959
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Nov2020 - Entity Report PDF not generating, Error - Exceeded maximum number of retries

Hi Team,

I am getting below error while try to generate pdf from  entity report objects . I can able to generate  other extn reports like csv, png  from entity report object  but PDF is not generating. I tried to generate 1 page  pdf but still getting same error.

Error - Exceeded maximum number of retries.

QlikView - 12.5

Nprinting Nov 2020

Please suggest to resolve this issue.

I tried below link suggestion but not resolved.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/NPrinting-ERROR-System-Exception-Exceeded-maximum-number-of/...

Regards

Prathap

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

• Can you share what is the entity object you are trying to generate?
  • is the qlikview desktop version on NPrinting engine server the same version as your server
  • also out of curiosity - have you tried simply restarting NPrinitng server and if that still doesnt work also QlikView server?
  • i would also suggest to recreate that object again, reload metadata and try to setup task once again from scratch. 

Let us know how did you go.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

@prathapg1959

• Also check to ensure that your NPrinting server/engine spooler service is not disabled.
  • Is your entity report a report that is designed with the QlikView Desktop (ie: RPxx object). If yes, then you need to check that you can actually produce the report with the QlikView desktop while on the NPrinting server/engine computer and logged on as the NP service account. If the QV desktop report cannot be exported then it may no longer valid or needs updating via the QV desktop. A normally functioning QV desktop report is necessary before it can be exported as an NPrinting 'Entity' report.

Note that If it is a QV desktop report, i would recommend recreating the QV desktop report as a native NPrinting report.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Lets cover basics:

are you on QlikView 12.5 SR2 or later? earlier versions of QlikView are not supported as documented here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-req...

Other things to check:

* Are you able to generate PDF from other templates (like Excel or Word or Pixel Perfect)?

* How big is your QVW and/or is it supported (meaning it does not contain unsupported objects)? https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnect...)

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
prathapg1959
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Thankyou for your quick response.

1. QlikView version - 12.5 SR2 (April 2020)

2. Yes, I am able to generate pdf from other templates like Excel, Word. Not able to generate pdf only from entity report.

3. I can able to generate  other extn reports like csv, png  from entity report object  but PDF is not generating

4. Qvw size is 165 KB ( I am testing with very small dataset and created only one object in qvw)

Please suggest to resolve this issue.

Error Screenshot:

prathapg1959_0-1629107543059.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

• Can you share what is the entity object you are trying to generate?
  • is the qlikview desktop version on NPrinting engine server the same version as your server
  • also out of curiosity - have you tried simply restarting NPrinitng server and if that still doesnt work also QlikView server?
  • i would also suggest to recreate that object again, reload metadata and try to setup task once again from scratch. 

Let us know how did you go.

cheers

Frank_S
Support
Support

@prathapg1959

• Also check to ensure that your NPrinting server/engine spooler service is not disabled.
  • Is your entity report a report that is designed with the QlikView Desktop (ie: RPxx object). If yes, then you need to check that you can actually produce the report with the QlikView desktop while on the NPrinting server/engine computer and logged on as the NP service account. If the QV desktop report cannot be exported then it may no longer valid or needs updating via the QV desktop. A normally functioning QV desktop report is necessary before it can be exported as an NPrinting 'Entity' report.

Note that If it is a QV desktop report, i would recommend recreating the QV desktop report as a native NPrinting report.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
prathapg1959
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Team,

Thanks for your support. Now issue resolved and able to generate PDF report.

Reinstalled the Nprinting engine and restarted the Print spooler.