Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stone1974
Contributor
Contributor

NPrinting Paging over multiple connections

Hi,

I have 2 qlik apps, and each app has a field department (mapped, that each app has the same departments). Now I would like to make 1 NPrinting page with charts from both Qlik Apps and the paging should be over the department. That i get a page for every department with 2 charts. The charts (from both qlik apps) should just show the department from the actual page. How can I make this work? If I import 2 Pages, one chart is working, the other one has “invalid selections”. If I add both departments, from both connections to the PowerPoint page, I get an error “Please check if the entities are proberly placeds insinde their level tags”.

Thanks in advance!

Michael

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The suggestion to update doesn't affect your issue. The linked fields are not supported also in September 2019 so the solution to merge the sources is still the only.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting 17+ (so also your September 2017 version) doesn't support Linked Fields. This still is a gap feature with the 16 series. 

The only solution you have is to merge the source QlikView documents or Qlik Sense apps in a single source for reporting and use the Department field from the merged source.

September 2017 is a very old version, so I also suggest you to upgrade to a newer version. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
stone1974
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Ruggero, I just saw, that I did a mistake with the Version. Ist Sep. 2019, and not 2017.

BG,
Michael
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The suggestion to update doesn't affect your issue. The linked fields are not supported also in September 2019 so the solution to merge the sources is still the only.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
stone1974
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Ruggero,
Thank u very much for the quick answer.

BR,
Michael