Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting Ppt Utilizing Pages Questions

Hello!

I am using NPrinting to make a PowerPoint of my Qlik Sense Data and had a few questions.

1) When using the page function to create multiple slides of the same image for like individual product lines is it possible to use that same page again on a separate sheet? I am running into the issue where I have the images I want on separate slides and then I placed the page "Product Line" on both slides, but then when I preview the report it only regenerates and creates multiple slides for pages on one of the images and not both set. Any reason for this??

2) Is it possible to change the order as well? in a Powerpoint we are creating we have 2 separate pages created one for "Business Capability" and one for "Product Line" when we run the report, multiple pages are generated, however, the order is all business capabilities first then all product lines. We want it so it is like business capability first then all the specific product lines with that capability next and then the next business capabilities and so on.

Thanks!

9 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I've not tried it yet but Perhaps you are looking at a mix of pages and levels to allow you to embed the products in the business capabilities.

So have pages for the business capabilities and then wrap your product line charts and tables under a levels inside it.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Maybe the answer to your question no. 1 is:

PPT Multiple Pages.png

1. Select the first slide of the group
  2. Add the field you want to split slides in the Pages node
  3. Set the Slides property with the number of the first slide "-" the number of the last slide you want to add into the group of slides that will be repeated for each value of the field in the Pages node

About question no. 2 the filed in the Pages node is referred to the slide you have selected at the moment you add the field in the Pages node. So, for example, if you select the slide no. 2 while adding the field Year in the PAges node, the slide no.2 will be repeated for each year. Then you can select slide no. 3 and add the Product Category into the Pages node. So slide no.3 will be repeated for each product category.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Not applicable
Author

Hello! So we copied your selection on slides and applied that, however, each time we try to preview the report we get an Error message "The Preview Request failed with message: Document does not support Custom Datasets."

Thank you!

mhappiee
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Ruggero,

This was very helpful , but I have a different  scenario here, can you please help on that.

I have 3 different charts with a title page in between and these 3 charts should be split based on a region with title page being intact  Eg:

Title page:zinc

production of zinc - APAC

production of zinc - NAM

production of zinc - EMEA

Title page:Copper

production of Copper- APAC

production of Copper- NAM

production of Copper- EMEA

Title page: Aluminium

production of Aluminium- APAC

production of Aluminium- NAM

production of Aluminium- EMEA

In Nprinting I have

Title page >Zinc chart (added Region in page and pulled to this sheet) then

Title page >Copper chart (added Region in page and pulled to this sheet) and so on

tried the following:

added the region multiple times under page

can you please help on this.

Thanks 

Anand

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi 

I would:

• create in Qlik application a table with Product and Region as dimension.
  • For Title page i would use Qlik objects which would have expressions using Set Analysis ignoring Region Selections: ....{<Region=>}
  • Use Product and Region table as a Page applied accross both slides

This will give you result you need

Cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
mhappiee

Hi,

Thanks for your reply , seems helpful will give it a try

you want me to create a key between Region and product and use that in pagination and for Title I couldn't get what exactly you mean by that . can you make it more clear.

Anand

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

apologies.

i had a second thought and this will not work...

let me get back to you tomorrow with more clear idea...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I had a little bit more thought and i came to conclusion that fully atomated solution will not be available. What i would consider is depending on which dimension has static number of value (If your regions dont change you could create individula slides for each region (using either set analysis or filters on objects https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dyna....)

Then you could only use product as a Page entity tag and assign it to charts 1-4

<PAGE PRODUCT slides 1-4>

slide 1 - Title page:product from page tag - no filter

slide 2 - production of product from page tag- APAC - filter APAC 

slide 3 - production of product from page tag- NAM - filter NAM 

slide 4- production of product from page tag- EMEA - filter EMEA

Capture.PNG

This would cycle through products and apply product filter to all 4 slides. Since you would have individual slides for each region they will be prefiltered to respective regions.

I understand it is not ideal and has some limitations.

• you may get no data on slides for regions where product is not operating
  • it will not be very usefull if your regions are changing often

If Power Point is the only template you are considering this is your only option. If you can deal with PDF I would suggest using PixelPerfect template and levels to achieve eaxctly what you are trying.

cheers

Lech

mhappiee

Hi,

Appreciate your help and thanks for taking time to look in to it.

in my case the product can be constant and the regions keep growing  and so under each product title the regions should loop and then should go to 2nd product

eg: under Zinc page - title slide

Zinc apac

Zinc emea

Zinc NAM

zinc cemea

copper --title slide 

Copper apac and so on.....

please let me know if i made it clear or confused you.

Anand