cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felipestall
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting September 2018 Import users from LDAP

I am trying to use the new tool to import users and groups from LDAP. However, only the groups are being created.

The user account has full Admin rights in my AD and to me the settings seem pretty straightforward. I believe I am doing something wrong, can anybody help please?

Below is the output of my task and the settings screenshots as well.

Thanks in advance!!

Testing import of filters and recipients for task with id d94559a4-2581-4aef-89a4-bd692a610e0a.

Importing data from source 1

Importing recipients and groups from ldap server ldap://p1sys01.imedic.ca as nprintservice@imedic.ca

Data correctly retrieved from import sources

created filters: 0; updated filters: 0; deleted filters: 0

Importing GROUP with name 'g_interdev_nprint_user' : marked for update

Importing GROUP with name 'g_snems_nprint_user' : marked for update

created groups: 0; updated groups: 2; deleted groups: 0

created users: 0; updated users: 0; deleted users: 0

Import test completed succesfully. No data was saved.

nprintLdapSS1.PNG

nprintLdapSS2.PNG

nprintLdapSS3.PNG

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

LDAP can be deeply customized, so I suggest you to check with your LDAP serve administrator that all the paramenters listed in the Entry attributes are correct. Qlik NPrinting comes with default values but they can be very different on each specific installation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Veronique_Uwamariya
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

maybe try this 2 points in your configuration:

• change the user identification by user
  • and the additional group filter, try this syntax: CN=*nprint-user (if it's the name of your group in the LDAP).

Best regards,

Véronique

akanksh123
Contributor
Contributor

Try changing User identification under Entry attributes from inetOrgPerson to Person.