Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MK73
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting Word Report: issues with field format

Dear all,

I am struggeling with the individual format options of fields in my word report.

I have tried to format a date in a table by unchecking 'keep source format' and entered  my custom format dd.mm.yy. In the final report there is a number like '43948'. I checked this in Excel and transformed this into a date. This seems to be the correct date, but as I am using word, I would like to see a proper date format displayed by word. 

Moreover, I have also problems with the format of financial figures. I would like to hide  decimals in a table. I have also unchecked 'keep source format' and and entered #.##0 as I would do it in Excel. Unfortunately as a result numbers like '-11,149' show up in my report. 

Can anybody help? Many thanks in advance. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

About the format of the date I suggest you to set it in the Qlik Sense app by using related functions and export them as text. Sometimes date fields are not recognized as date. There are many conversations here in the community with similar topic.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

About the format of the date I suggest you to set it in the Qlik Sense app by using related functions and export them as text. Sometimes date fields are not recognized as date. There are many conversations here in the community with similar topic.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi There

Here is a nice little video that will hopefully help you achieve your result. 

https://youtu.be/Zr_QMr74UOM?t=96

You will need to be either a Qlik Sense developer knowledge with 'edit' access to the Qlik Sense application or have access to someone who can make the necessary updates for you.

Keep in mind that when you complete the change to the Qlik Sense app, you will then need to reload the NPrinting Connection to that app before you can leverage the changes in your report.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hi, 

Have you tried applying formats as per documentation: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Designer-properti...

?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
MK73
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

I have managed to change the format in the app and import this as text. The format field options in NPrinting did not work, so importing text seems to be the most suitable approach.

Many thanks to all for your help.