Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stanciuc
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting level sorting

Hello,

I'm having issues with NPrinting level in a report. My understanding was that a level will be sorted automatically. The report I'm creating has 2 levels and the second level is not sorted. I do not know where the problem might be. How do I manually set the sorting in NPrinting? I attached a pic with my case.

Test.PNG

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Try this but remember to add both dimensions to the table box.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/Sorting-levels-in-NPrinting/m-p/1768367/highlight/true#...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Try this but remember to add both dimensions to the table box.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/Sorting-levels-in-NPrinting/m-p/1768367/highlight/true#...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Since you are working in Qlik Sense there is no "field" default sort in the app. As Frank suggested create straight table object with the fields you need for sorting and apply required sort on that table object. Then generate metadata and use straight table as your level rather than a field itself. That way you will be able to control sort by using the sort setting on the table object directly in Qlik Sense (not that interactive sorting will not be stored untill you edit preferences and accept them in Qlik Sense). Note that if you change that setting you need to make sure it is saved in your Qlik App and that metadata is regenerated for it to come through to NPrinting.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.