Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guilhermetiscos
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting property name when source is QlikSense

Hello!

I recently moved from Qlikview to QlikSense, since then I started facing this weird situation: NPrinting (jun 2020 SR1) uses the expression value as the name of the property instead of the Label from the Measures, so every time I change the expression and go to change de report, Nprinting tells me the column no longer exist and I need to update every single one of those changed expressions. Is this an expected behaviour or can it be fixed? Couldn't find a solution so far.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes- it is expected behaviour and it occurs only in Qlik Sense. To be honest it is "pain in t..a..", but what you can do...

My solutions to this are:

• use variables as your expressions. Updating value of variable will result in updating expression, but you dont really change anything in your table object
  • or... use master item measures - in this scenario NPrinting will bring column with the unique id associated with this master item. Changing expression of master item will flow through to the chart but it will not change its id

hope this helps!!

cheers Lech

sidenote: often this behaviour is especially painful when you realise how much rework you need to do in order to get it out of the way and how much additional development you need to do. This is something what should be in the beginning of the help document tutorial section where we start learning how to build reports!!!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @guilhermetiscos 

I think you may be running into this issue mentioned in the following article.

column not found message when editing templates

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000065088

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes- it is expected behaviour and it occurs only in Qlik Sense. To be honest it is "pain in t..a..", but what you can do...

My solutions to this are:

• use variables as your expressions. Updating value of variable will result in updating expression, but you dont really change anything in your table object
  • or... use master item measures - in this scenario NPrinting will bring column with the unique id associated with this master item. Changing expression of master item will flow through to the chart but it will not change its id

hope this helps!!

cheers Lech

sidenote: often this behaviour is especially painful when you realise how much rework you need to do in order to get it out of the way and how much additional development you need to do. This is something what should be in the beginning of the help document tutorial section where we start learning how to build reports!!!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
guilhermetiscos
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Lech! Thanks for both the reply and the suggestions. It is really is a pain in the b... so I'm keeping QlikView until it is "fixed".

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This may never be fixed. It has been designed like that unfortunately...