Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Nprinting Connection error

in apps-connection

When I try to connect through that path, I get an error.
An error comes out of the engine, and I'm trying to figure out the cause, but I can't figure it out.

Type : Local

SH777_0-1675327108421.png

Type : Server

SH777_1-1675327173962.png

Please reply if possible.
thank you.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Which part of the error you see you dont understand?

It says that QlikView desktop client on your NPrinting engine machine does not have license. 

Logon as NPrinting service account, open QlikView desktop on that machine and lease the license from the QlikView server.  thats it. 

If you have any doubts there is always https://help.qlik.com which covers all this in details

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Which part of the error you see you dont understand?

It says that QlikView desktop client on your NPrinting engine machine does not have license. 

Logon as NPrinting service account, open QlikView desktop on that machine and lease the license from the QlikView server.  thats it. 

If you have any doubts there is always https://help.qlik.com which covers all this in details

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@qwebnm 

The two errors are indeed straightforward as Lech suggested.

However if you are new to NPrinting deployment, please check the following:

• The QlikView desktop installed on the NPrinting server MUST be the same version as the QliKView server that you are connecting to from NPrinting.
  • You must apply a license to the QlikView Desktop from a valid QlikView Server (a QlikView TEST server is not valid. It must be full license QlikView server with no 'TEST' in the LEF attribute) 
  • Check the following page which has some visual description how to license the QlikView desktop on the NP server.

If you need additional training resources to get yourself up to speed, please visit

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!