Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_jespers_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Nprinting Designer fail - only for one report - cannot find a supported reporting template editor

I have an issue with one of my pptx-reports.

When I try to start the Designer I can see the following message:

pic1.png

All other pptx-reports works fine and I can open the Designer without any issues. I have tried to export and import the report, still same issue.

Reards

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_jespers_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Maybe it had something to do with that. But it uses the same corporate template as the rest the reports, that has no issues.

But I solved it by going to the file share on the NPrinting server and found the template in %ProgramData%/Nprinting/... , opened up the pptx. And when I opened the pptx, I actually got a request if I wanted to repair the file, so I tried that, and it worked.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Interesting...

I was only getting this behaviour when PPTX template was tampered with (for example by introducing corporate templates for tables formatting...) Is it possible that this document comes from those specially formatted corporate templates?

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
_jespers_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Maybe it had something to do with that. But it uses the same corporate template as the rest the reports, that has no issues.

But I solved it by going to the file share on the NPrinting server and found the template in %ProgramData%/Nprinting/... , opened up the pptx. And when I opened the pptx, I actually got a request if I wanted to repair the file, so I tried that, and it worked.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks @_jespers_ - that is valuable piece of information you have provided!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.