cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Narz
Partner - Contributor III

Nprinting Email configuration

I have installed Nprinting in my local machine - Engine, Server and Designer. 

I am able to create report, publish in newstand.  

I am not able to configure email. I did check and tried with different ports (25, 993, 587) but not successful. Anybody faced similar issue and able to find solution please. Error screenshotError screenshot

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It is an error on the Microsoft side that Qlik NPrinting intercepts and stores in the logs. I suggest visiting the linked documentation page.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When posting a new community question, please:

- add only one label of the version you are using because the answer could depend on it

- be sure you are using a supported version. If not plan an upgrade as soon as possible to ensure all solved issues.

- 17.0 and 17.3 are ancient versions, no more supported for years

I suggest you check that simple authentication is enabled in your Microsoft Office tenant. Two factors authentication is not supported by Qlik NPrinting.

If this doesn't solve, check the log files to see if there are specific error messages.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Narz
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

Thank you for the suggestion. My Nprinting Version is May2022 and I have updated the tag accordingly.

I checked for the log and this is the error (Mail id is my valid mail id)

Qlik.NPrinting.Repo 22.15.8.0 Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.MailService 20221104T125502.361+08:00 ERROR NAZ nprintadmin 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Failed to send e-mail message to mymail@mycomp.com. ERROR: MailKit.Security.AuthenticationException: AuthenticationInvalidCredentials: 5.7.139 Authentication unsuccessful, SmtpClientAuthentication is disabled for the Tenant. Visit https://aka.ms/smtp_auth_disabled for more information. [SI1PR02CA0011.apcprd02.prod.outlook.com]↓↓ at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.Authenticate(Encoding encoding, ICredentials credentials, CancellationToken cancellationToken)↓↓ at MailKit.MailService.Authenticate(String userName, String password, CancellationToken cancellationToken)↓↓ at Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Service.MailService.<SendEmailAsync>d__4.MoveNext() in C:\Jws\release-may2022-RaCZqayAl\server\NPrinting\src\Repo\Service\MailService.cs:line 117

Also, Simple authentication I am not sure where to check for that. Thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Narz 

Check with the SMTP admin what settings you need to use. These are the settings I am using and have no issues with it. That means that whatever is causing problem in your case is actually configured in your office365 settings which are managed outside of NPrinting.

"Disable certificate validation" in my case can be on or off and does not affect emails. Either way emails go out.

cheers

Lech

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1667541705076.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It is an error on the Microsoft side that Qlik NPrinting intercepts and stores in the logs. I suggest visiting the linked documentation page.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero