cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fatinfazrizanor
Partner - Contributor III

Nprinting Filter not effect to Report

I connect the Nprinting to QlikView. I have create filter in Nprinting. But it seems the filter not effected to the nprinting pivot table report.

Testing that i have done:

1. using by level, the filter can work, but not in straight table or pivot table as object.

2. I tested to the qvw with size of 19mb, but it works. It only not works to the qvw with 400mb size. There are also have a lot of objects in the qvw.

Does the size of qvw can be the reason? or there is other reason why the Nprinting filter not works?

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @fatinfazrizanor 

Ok, 

1. Have you checked for ALL unsupported objects in your .qvw file as i asked in previous comment? It is critical and without checking it there is no point testing anything else. you cannot have any unsupported objects in this qvw at all (on any sheet, on any field etc) even if you only want to use that one pivot table. 

2. If answer to point 1 is "yes" and if you dont have any unsupported objects then next thing is to check the filter in NPrinting.

So if it is [Year] field it is likely to be numerical and as I said in my previous post it is important to know what datatype you have on that field. 

if it is numerical then you need to use " Numeric value is" option in the filter as shown on the screenshot below:

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1645689001287.png

this is also documented in help document i suggested to study:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynamic-fi...

More on datatypes and filters here:

https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/02/15/the-pitfalls-of-nprinting-filters-part-1-dates-and-duals/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @fatinfazrizanor 

short answer is: size of qvw does not matter. 

All what i can say is that you should study and ensure that you are running:

Obviously there is a wide range of other things to consider like datatypes of the fields (text, numeric, dual etc...) you are trying to filter.

The nature of your question suggest to me you have no experience with NPrinting therefore I suggest to thoroughly study https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/ as NPrinting development requires quite thorough knowledge. 

So yeah:

• first step would be to verify your qvw for unsupported objects 
  • second step if it is still not working would be to provide us with details on how you want to filter your data (you may want to include screenshots), how you create your filters and what datatypes are the fields you are trying to filter

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
fatinfazrizanor
Author

Hi Lech,

1. The object is qlikview object which is pivot table.

2. We want to filter Invoice_year. As in the screenshots, we put the same field in Nprinting filter. The value of 2022 also come out in the drop down list in the filter.

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png

MicrosoftTeams-image (2).png

Thanks.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @fatinfazrizanor 

Ok, 

1. Have you checked for ALL unsupported objects in your .qvw file as i asked in previous comment? It is critical and without checking it there is no point testing anything else. you cannot have any unsupported objects in this qvw at all (on any sheet, on any field etc) even if you only want to use that one pivot table. 

2. If answer to point 1 is "yes" and if you dont have any unsupported objects then next thing is to check the filter in NPrinting.

So if it is [Year] field it is likely to be numerical and as I said in my previous post it is important to know what datatype you have on that field. 

if it is numerical then you need to use " Numeric value is" option in the filter as shown on the screenshot below:

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1645689001287.png

this is also documented in help document i suggested to study:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynamic-fi...

More on datatypes and filters here:

https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/02/15/the-pitfalls-of-nprinting-filters-part-1-dates-and-duals/

fatinfazrizanor
Author

Hi Lech,

The qvw has many sheets and objects, so i think the nprinting filter not works because of the unsupported object. Thank you for your help.