cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AyCe1082
Creator
Creator

Nprinting scheduler doesn't run jobs properly anymore

Recently I have been having issues with NPrinting running jobs automatically.

It's similar to this post here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Nprinting-jobs-are-scheduled-but-not-Starti...

The difference is we have no licence issues and until a couple of weeks ago it has been fine. I have checked the logs and the only problem they point to is that when a new job begins on the schedule (lightning bolt) it doesn't actually open the file so the job becomes stuck. The next job then starts and we get multiple lighning bolts until I force close NP. The reports created by the jobs after the first one are always corrupt because of this and there is no log update while they run.

I have tried deleting the schedule xml and restart Nprinting and the server itself. I tried reactivating Interactive Services Detection to see what is happening in the background and it didn't turn up anything other than a blank screen.

I'm aware NP 16 is past its expiry date but we can't upgrade to the latest version because the Qlik support ticket was never worked on for us so we're stuck with NP16.7 for now. Does anyone know of a solution because there are a lot of annoyed clients.

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

• If it gets stuck because it cannot open file what can we do? You need to investigate this first.
  • I suggest you logon to the server as NPrinitng service account and then try to run it first from designer
  • I am not sure what do you mean by deleting schedule xml? Do you run those jobs "OnDemand" using "request" files?

Also check if your version of Qlik View is supported? I hope you did not upgrade QlikView without thinking about NPrinting?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
AyCe1082
Creator
Creator
Author

Everything was fine until recently. No upgrades were done and the QV version is compatible.  This issue is not happening every single cycle but it is often enough to be a big problem. It can be opened in designer without issue. Removing and re-adding the NSQ files did not work.

Schedules.xml is a one time file created by NP server when it starts up. It contains the schedule information for the projects seen in the monitoring tool window. If you delete this and start NP again it creates a new file. Deleting the file was meant to fix any issues with the file being corrupt (like something an antivirus might do to it). 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

• What about resources on the server at the time when this happens?
  • Are you using QlikView local or QVP connections?
  • What about HD space - maybe you are running out of disc space. Keep in mind that NPrinting is also using C drive when producing TEMP content
  • anything you cans see in Windows Events logs? 

It is really hard to debug something like this without having a full picture - sorry

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
AyCe1082
Creator
Creator
Author

We have two servers. One for QV and one for NP. The NP server uses 10% or less CPU and the disc space is mostly empty.

I have checked windows events logs (I never knew to check this) and yes there is an error at the time the crash happens.

This is the line in the NP logs. It is meant to be followed 9 seconds later by the next NSQ file opening.

Service	30/09/2020	10:01:01 AM	Message	QlikView NPrinting file closed: C:\nPrinting Templates\Template - nPrinting\Physical_Report.nsq

This is the error logs in windows events.

- System

- Provider

[ Name] NPrintingSvc.exe 

- EventID 0

[ Qualifiers] 0 

Level 2 

Task 0 

Keywords 0x80000000000000 

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2020-09-30T10:01:01.000000000Z 

EventRecordID 61860 

Channel Application 

Computer Qlikview02.stats.local 

Security

- EventData

Access violation at address 00490733 in module 'NPrintingSvc.exe'. Write of address 00000000

And another error when I later manually shut down the NP service server to restart the schedule:

System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error 

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0 

Level 2 

Task 100 

Keywords 0x80000000000000 

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2020-09-30T10:22:50.000000000Z 

EventRecordID 61862 

Channel Application 

Computer Qlikview02.stats.local 

Security

- EventData

NPrintingSvcConfig.exe 
5a096d71 
combase.dll 
569e6792 
c0000005 
0006777a 
bb0 
01d696a809276ce7 
C:\Program Files (x86)\NPrinting\Server\NPrintingSvcConfig.exe 
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\combase.dll 
e42a9045-0306-11eb-8176-122bccb002b9 

Faulting application name: NPrintingSvcConfig.exe, version: 16.7.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a096d71
Faulting module name: combase.dll, version: 6.3.9600.18202, time stamp: 0x569e6792
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0006777a
Faulting process id: 0xbb0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d696a809276ce7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NPrinting\Server\NPrintingSvcConfig.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\combase.dll
Report Id: e42a9045-0306-11eb-8176-122bccb002b9
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Check also the article https://support.qlik.com/articles/000064440 and, as I answered on the post you linked, check the user rights.

Please migrate urgently to a supported version.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
AyCe1082
Creator
Creator
Author

I believe all the solutions have been tried already. The latest NSQ added to the schedule is causing the problem though I am unsure why.