Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qiyanlu66
Partner - Contributor III

Only produce report that are not empty when using cycle

Hello all,

When I create report when using cycle, there are a lot of report has no data in it. Is there anyway I can not produce them?

I have tried to use Condition, but still can not filter out the empty report.

Thank you .

6 Replies
Qiyanlu66
Author

To be clarify, when I produce the reports and cycle by the Company_Name, there should be many company has not data on it. So my question is can I not produce these blank reports.
mr_barriesmith
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I have used Conditions in Qlik NPrinting 18 to do this.  I however did not have a cycle.

Qiyanlu66
Author

Yeah, I am not sure if the result of a cycle of report can be use a Condition or not?
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hi all,

...on the other hand i am sure how it works...

At the moment you cannot use condition to control behaviour you are experiencing as condition does not work on each cycle value!

With the latest version of NPrinitng the only thing you can do is to use Qlik script to flag customers you want to generate reports for and use this flag as a filter in NPrinting

With the next version of NPrinting (June 2019) you will be able to create and apply advanced search filter on customer filed (for example: Customer: sum(Sales)>0) - such filter will remove all customers who don't have sales. With advanced search filters you will be able to create a condition to suit your needs.

cheers

Lech 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Maybe you are applying conditions in the wrong place. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Conditions.htm#...

I think you have to apply the condition to the publish task report so also the user filters will be evaluated before to calculate the condition.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

Are you sure? I think I have never managed to create a condition which will work together with Cycle option on Report  nad would evaluate on each cycle value.

just testing it now with NP April 2019 and cannot get it working... 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.