Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vicky1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Pixel Perfect - Ignore cycle?

Hi, 

I have a Pixel Perfect report that has two sections - one with data for the current period/Month and another with the same visuals but for the YTD data. To get the Periodic data, I use a cycle on the report. I've managed to recreate all the visuals for YTD using new expressions apart from a straight table I need. 

It's a simple table, no calculated fields, just reference and comments. For the YTD data section I want the table to show ALL comments regardless of what period they align to but I can't get it to not cycle. 

I thought that I might be able to use Alternate States but having searched other comments, it seems they are not supported by Nprinting.

Could someone suggest a way around this? Unfortunately, I do need to keep it to one Pixel Perfect report. 

I'm still new to Nprinting, would it possible to use levels instead of a cycle for the periodic data and just hide the pages that are not relevant to that periods' report? If so, how might I do this?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am not sure how the entire setup looks like: your Qlik Sense data model and your report setup. When you are saying Cycle - do you actually mean "Cycle" in report setup or "Level" in template setup?

Now down to actual solution - depending on template design you could:

• create multiple bands where some would react to your filters and some would not
  • or create another table in Qlik Sense data model and
    • use set analysis to ignore value from the cycle
    • or detach that table from data model maybe

Understanding layout and whole design would be the most important thing to give you a better answer

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

regarding conditional output on the level side see this as an example: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Member-Articles/How-to-Manage-PixelPerfect-Conditional-Output-Formats-...

or this:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/PixelPerfectReports/Manage-Condition...

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am not sure how the entire setup looks like: your Qlik Sense data model and your report setup. When you are saying Cycle - do you actually mean "Cycle" in report setup or "Level" in template setup?

Now down to actual solution - depending on template design you could:

• create multiple bands where some would react to your filters and some would not
  • or create another table in Qlik Sense data model and
    • use set analysis to ignore value from the cycle
    • or detach that table from data model maybe

Understanding layout and whole design would be the most important thing to give you a better answer

regards

Lech

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

regarding conditional output on the level side see this as an example: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Member-Articles/How-to-Manage-PixelPerfect-Conditional-Output-Formats-...

or this:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/PixelPerfectReports/Manage-Condition...

cheers

Vicky1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, Thank you for the prompt response. 

Apologies for not being clear, I mean I've triggered a cycle on Report Overview page. 

Vicky1_0-1656507561241.png

I'm not currently using any levels in the report. 

Thanks for suggesting detaching the table, I'm after a quick fix for now and this is now what I plan to do! 

Many thanks, 

Vic

Vicky1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks, for these links, I'm definitely going to use this method in the future. 

Vic