Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Prevent error or warning message when report is empty

Hello All,

There is a NPrinting report distributed to some people. Some of them do not always have data, so they do not get a report. So far ok.

But: I receive a warning or error mail from NPrinting about this, that filter XY is faulty, because no data is available.

In this case it is not a problem if there is no data. How do I manage to set it up so that no message is distributed by Qlik.

Thanks and greetings

Labels (1)
12 Replies
JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

Like to follow this!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Do you receive those messages as admin? based on admin notifications settings?

or 

Do you get email as report recipient with message instead of attachement?

Both settings can be controlled by:

report settings

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Dist...

and here admin settings

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Admin-setti...

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

I get the error message as admin. The affected user does not receive an email because it is the only report in the task.

In the second link I can't find any way to differentiate that only if the report is empty that no error email is sent.

Greetings

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

thats right - the second setting is about the level of monitoring. You are likely having a level of Warning and Error enabled which also sends email to you when the warning appears in logs, am I correct?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Correct, for me warning and error is active.

As I said, the only "problem" when due to non-existent data (due to filtering) no report is generated and from this a warning error message arises.

Because it can happen in the case that affected users just on the day no report, which is ok.

Only administratively it is a problem, since one receives then again and again such "wrong" error messages.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well, then change your logging level to only send emails on Errors. 

NPrinting does exactly what you wanted - sends email when there is a warning, right? 

The way I deal with situations like this is by ensuring that my data model ALWAYS has all values available for filters to be applied and by implementing report condition for the report to be sent or not. 

cheers

Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Yes, that is correct. But in this case it is OK that it is not defined as an error.

I have already tried with a condition -> Chart empty, but then I still receive said mails.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

They are two different things. The email for admins doesn't contain data and has the goal to notify admins that an event happened. As admin you can select in which cases to receive it. Select Warning level is useful, in general, during the development.

The conditions instead will determine if a publish task or a report in a task will be created. If yes the report will be delivered with data to the final user. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

I understand what the difference is. I just want to minimise the effort for the admin, for such topics that do not represent a real error in this case. Technically, it is clearly an event for NPrinting that needs to be reported.

What I have now tried: I have created a condition that says chart XY has values. This condition is in the publishing task with the value True. However, this does not seem to have any effect, because I get exactly the same messages as before.

Actually, the condition should happen on a user basis, but I can't find an option for it here.

Greetings