Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benwashburne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Sense On-Demand Authentication Issue

@Frank_S  

Aloha,

I am experiencing a weird authentication issue with using the On-Demand extension. We have one user who is able to create an On-Demand button in QS, configure the reports and generate them without issue. However, when I try to do the same, I get a secondary pop-up security challenge when I input the NPrinting server URL. 

We are both part of the administrators group in NPrinting. On the QS side, I am a content admin and he is a root admin. We are using NPrinting November 2019, version 19.40.3.0 and QS Enterprise November 2019 Patch 5, version 13.51.10. The QS is a single node deployment and the NPrinting and QS system do NOT sit on the same server.  Windows authentication is enabled on both.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

-Ben

Labels (2)
10 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You need to make sure both NPrinting and Qlik Sense are using 3rd Party Trusted SSL certificates...

more on official help site:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Certificates....

you also need to have propelry configured ROLE in NPrinting for your Domain account\user

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
benwashburne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Hi,

Yes, both of our users are NPrinting administrators which means we can create on-demand reports and both of our QS and NPrinting environments. 

Any other thoughts? Do you think it matters whether or not you use the FQDN for the server URL?

Best, 

Ben

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It may as it all depends if your NPrinting site is using valid certificate.

When you try to access your : https://yournprinitngserver:4993 address do you get SSL cert error (or warning) like the one below? If you do, then you need to get certificate sorted first. Obviously FQDN may be a reason of that.

Thanks

Lech

1.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
benwashburne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

The certs are good - no errors.  I came across some other clues (ip whitelisting and NOT using microsoft edge) that might help to resolve.  I'll post back after I've implemented these changes. 

Best, 

Ben

benwashburne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Problem solved. The issue seems to arise if you are logged into both QS and NPrinting at the same time. If you are configuring an On-Demand report, you need to make sure you do not have an NPrinting session open and that you are using IE. 

Best, 

Ben

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I have never come across such behaviour.

Something is telling me that the issue possibly could be a result of internet settings in your company where NPrinting site is not added to trusted sites or maybe it is, but using some browsers (like edge or firefox) forces user name and password input on each authentication request?

I would not state that "The issue seems to arise if you are logged into both QS and NPrinting at the same time." as I am practically all the time logged in to both and never had a problem like yours.

benwashburne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

You are correct. It seems like that was a false positive. We are looking into configuring SAML as a potential solution. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

SAML is not supported with OnDemand!

Make sure you read documentation on what is supported.. 

cheers

benwashburne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  Please see attached snapshot from support article.