Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VanderZee
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Scrollbar showing up on Nprinting image

Hello all... 

I have a strange behavior on Nprinting PPT template. A qlikView pivot chart added as object and set with Fit width stretch in Nprinting, always display image with vertical scroll bars (in qlikview image is displayed without scroll bar). Wondering what can be the reason.. any help ?

Notice that in QlikView, there is no scrollbar and last line with EMEA-W Total....

Image in QlikViewImage in QlikView

...but In PPT preview notice scrollbar - with light colors - and no EMEA-W total line at the bottom

Nprinting image on PPT  templateNprinting image on PPT template

I have used Fit Width in image properties.

VanderZee_0-1631472435691.png

and we are using NPrinting June 2020 SR1

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi ,

My suspition is that since you are trying to "Fit Width" it crops the bottom of your table. I guess it does what you asked it to do by fitting width and ignore height. Typical solution would be to ensure that you have full control of the chart size, but before we move to that task lets cover basics...

• What is the exact QlikView viersion you are using.
  • What is the connection type you are using
  • Can you confirm that QlikVIew desktop (installed on NPrinting engine machine) is the same version the server version

Now steps I would do in this scenario

• Check the width and height of the object in QlikView. 
    • I typically go to Chart-->Properties-->Caption and read from there the size of the object
    • Please note that above step makes sense only when you have "size-to-data" disabled!!!
  • Once you know the exact size of your chart in QlikView do conversion of that size to units you use in PowerPoint (I use pixel to cm conversion) https://www.unitconverters.net/typography/pixel-x-to-centimeter.htm
  • When you edit your PPT image size make sure it uses the same width-heigh ration or ideally is the exactly the same size. 
    • If size is too large I usually try to change the size directly in QlikView as keeping it original in NPrinting brings the best possible quality anyway. So if it is too big in PPT i first try to change and resize it directly in QlikView by changing font size, column widths and finally object size 
    • If size cannot be changed like that, than the second thing is to maintain ratio and use the original ratios therefore "Fit Inside" Option would be one to go!

Cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi ,

My suspition is that since you are trying to "Fit Width" it crops the bottom of your table. I guess it does what you asked it to do by fitting width and ignore height. Typical solution would be to ensure that you have full control of the chart size, but before we move to that task lets cover basics...

• What is the exact QlikView viersion you are using.
  • What is the connection type you are using
  • Can you confirm that QlikVIew desktop (installed on NPrinting engine machine) is the same version the server version

Now steps I would do in this scenario

• Check the width and height of the object in QlikView. 
    • I typically go to Chart-->Properties-->Caption and read from there the size of the object
    • Please note that above step makes sense only when you have "size-to-data" disabled!!!
  • Once you know the exact size of your chart in QlikView do conversion of that size to units you use in PowerPoint (I use pixel to cm conversion) https://www.unitconverters.net/typography/pixel-x-to-centimeter.htm
  • When you edit your PPT image size make sure it uses the same width-heigh ration or ideally is the exactly the same size. 
    • If size is too large I usually try to change the size directly in QlikView as keeping it original in NPrinting brings the best possible quality anyway. So if it is too big in PPT i first try to change and resize it directly in QlikView by changing font size, column widths and finally object size 
    • If size cannot be changed like that, than the second thing is to maintain ratio and use the original ratios therefore "Fit Inside" Option would be one to go!

Cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.