Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eltiael
Contributor
Contributor

Showing 0 instead of empty cell in totals and subtotals (sum) cells in NPrinting V18.9.5(April 2018)

Hello everyone, 
I looked for an answer but couldn't manage to find one on how to show 0 instead of having an empty cell in NPrinting V18.9.5(April 2018) for cells that calculates the sum of a column : (I'm making a NPrinting report in PixelPerfect)

Here is my goal :

I have a table which is generated like the example below which have some empty cells :

TAB   |     Col_A  | Col_B     | Col_C
Row_1 |       1    |     2     |     0
Row_2 |       5    |     0     |     0
Row_3 |       2    |     1     |     0
Total |       8    |     3     |          

As you can see, the total works fine for Col_A and Col_B, but in Col_C it shows nothing and I would like to get 0.
Even with "Null Value Text" : 0 et "Process Null Values" : Leave I can't get a 0 in it.
Does anyone has any clue on this issue?
Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Eltiael
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli,

Thank you.

We did manage to find how to put 0 in sub-totals fields using sum function.

In fact, we needed to use as summary format : {0:#,#0} instead of {0:#,#}

nprinting.png.

While using this format it works fine and we get 0 if all values from the group are null or 0.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce. I added the calculated total and it displays a 0.

Zero Column Totals.png

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Eltiael
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli,

Thank you.

We did manage to find how to put 0 in sub-totals fields using sum function.

In fact, we needed to use as summary format : {0:#,#0} instead of {0:#,#}

nprinting.png.

While using this format it works fine and we get 0 if all values from the group are null or 0.