Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kontaras_Com
Contributor
Contributor

The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure

Hi together,

i have installed the Qlik NPrinting June 2020, Version: 20.19.3.0 in our qlikview Server

and this last week I get oft for various reports and users the message error:

Failed to send email for user ERROR: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure

I have tried to deactivate the certificate validation but then NPrinting does not send any emails at all.

Does somebody know how to solve the problem?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards

Stavros Kontaras

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

1. Installing NPrinting on QlikView server is not supported. They should be installed on separate servers so that is the first thing you should fix before going any further. Refer to documentation on https://help.qlik.com

2. Now what is you error? I understand it is SMTP error when NPrinting is trying to send an email. This is not really a NPrinting configuration and I suggest you speak to your SMTP server admin. Depending on what do you use for your mail you may need different settings.

I dare to say that this is not really NPrinting issue at all - it is your mailing system issue i think and there I would try to find solution.

hope this helps

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

1. Installing NPrinting on QlikView server is not supported. They should be installed on separate servers so that is the first thing you should fix before going any further. Refer to documentation on https://help.qlik.com

2. Now what is you error? I understand it is SMTP error when NPrinting is trying to send an email. This is not really a NPrinting configuration and I suggest you speak to your SMTP server admin. Depending on what do you use for your mail you may need different settings.

I dare to say that this is not really NPrinting issue at all - it is your mailing system issue i think and there I would try to find solution.

hope this helps

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Kontaras_Com
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

thank you very much for your answer. The NPrinting is installed in a different server from those of the qlikview server or the publisher. So this one could not be the problem. I will check your proposal for the SMTP error and i will reply. Thank you very much again!!

Best regards

Stavros Kontaras

Kontaras_Com
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Lech_Miszkiewicz,

you were right, it was not an NPrinting issue but it had to do with the SMTP server.

Thank you very much for your help!!

Best regards

Stavros

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

great - I am glad I could help. Cheers

vitaliichupryna
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Stavros,

What did you do with your SMTP server? I asked our IT service to check certificates on the SMTP server, they said that everything if fine, but I still have this issue.

Thanks,

Vitalii

houssamely
Contributor
Contributor

same error to me!