Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KHRao
Partner - Contributor III

Unable to add/remove email address in Qlik nprinting

Hi Guys,

We had bought license of Qlik NPrinting on last year (I.,e Mar'2022) then onwards we are sending Qlikview reports to individual recipients by mail.
This process was going smoothly without any issue, Now we want to add/remove some recipients to it.  We couldn't find the list of existing recipients in NPrinting.  When trying to add new mail ids in NPrinting mail messages (find below screen shot) then it is accepting but not sending to them.

As observed, I have executed task after adding a new recipient in mail messages then administrator's email ids are getting duplicated and new recipients are not getting any mail (find screen shot below) . I don't know what was the cause to duplicate email addresses, please provide solution to add/remove mail address manually. 

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Check the content of the Users/Groups tab of the Publish Task and be sure it has only the users and/or groups you want to send the reports to.

If you have groups check their members in the Groups management tool and remove the ones that are no more recipients. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/Recipients&Users/Create-users-filter...

In the drop-down menu of the publish task, the one in your screenshot, be sure to select the proper values documented in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Dist...

If you are using Qlik variables with email addresses, be sure their content is correct.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI @KHRao 

What do you see on Users/groups tab? Maybe you have NPrinting groups in it with the same people belonging to multiple groups?

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1685085178549.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

Not sure what you are trying to do. I dont see anything wrong there.

Recipients typically should be added on User/Group sub-tab of publish task and then in Email section you would just choose [User email] from that dropdown you see...

more details as always you can find on help site and I encourage you to study it to understand how this works.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Dist...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I think you are doing something wrong in the Publish Task setting. 

To add or remove recipients you have to use the Users/Groups tab

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1685019529681.png

The drop down menu in the first of your screenshots instead is used to select which field of the user profile you want to be used as recipient email. Default is the email of the user that is also its primary key.

More details at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Dist... 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Additionally, open the NPrinting scheduler log to see what kind of email delivery message you are getting and share them here. 

This will give more insight into what may be going on.

Please redact and valid email address information before sharing here in the public forum...thanks!

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
KHRao
Author

Hi Ruggero_Piccoli

Thank you for your support, As attached screenshot of my earlier mail, Recipients are got duplicated in mail Hence, I want to remove them and also remove some users who left organization.

I gone through your attached link but I couldn't find how to remove recipients from existing list.

Please let me know how to remove unwanted/duplicate recipients.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Check the content of the Users/Groups tab of the Publish Task and be sure it has only the users and/or groups you want to send the reports to.

If you have groups check their members in the Groups management tool and remove the ones that are no more recipients. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/Recipients&Users/Create-users-filter...

In the drop-down menu of the publish task, the one in your screenshot, be sure to select the proper values documented in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Dist...

If you are using Qlik variables with email addresses, be sure their content is correct.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI @KHRao 

What do you see on Users/groups tab? Maybe you have NPrinting groups in it with the same people belonging to multiple groups?

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1685085178549.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

seems like we are giving exactly the same answers in parallel 🙂 That just makes me think we both right on this @Ruggero_Piccoli  😂

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

@Lech_Miszkiewicz this increases the probability that the answer is correct 😛

Best Regards,
Ruggero
KHRao
Author

Hi Ruggero_Piccoli

Thanks for your support, I have gone through the link but I couldn't find the solution. Whenever I add one new recipient instead of adding it existing one getting duplicated. Even I couldn't remove the mail ids also.

Please see below screen shots for your understanding.

duplicate mail ids:
[cid:d8eb21e3-4ee2-4e99-a980-20ba55649ea9]

Sample users created:
[cid:8a4d09f7-b8a3-4588-8374-8bd3e335c576]
Assigned group:
[cid:ebc2600a-0f26-4f7b-9eef-68ee506a91b8]

Assigned Roles :
[cid:1119e975-357e-4547-8966-abe2081d3c18]