Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Velvet_Crowe
Contributor III
Contributor III

Unable to select DateTime as scale type in PixelPerfect for timestamp from Qlik Sense

Hello Community,

I try to create a simple line chart to display a temperature over time in a PixelPerfect report.

Problem: The timestamp in NPrinting is always set as scale type 'Qualitative'. Selecting 'DateTime' returns error. I can't format the Timestamp or use continouse x-axis.

Environment:  Qlik Sense (May Patch 2, 2021), Qlik NPrinting (May 2021)

Additional Information:

• In Qlik Sense the timestamp field is tagged as $numeric $timestamp with format 'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss'
  • Qlik NPrinting shows the field in the Expression Editor as System.String

Attempts fo far:

• Timestamp as Dimension Master Item
  • Timestamp as Measure Master Item (result=System.Double)
  • Timestamp added as formula to dimsension e.g. =timestamp or =Timestamp(timestamp, 'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm:ss')
  • Tried to use a field with only the date

Any idea how I can make Qlik NPrinting treat my timestamp as DateTime so I can format the value and use the continouse x-axis feature as shown in this post (PixelPerfect Charts with a Date and Time field on X axes)?

Kind regards

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

It sounds like this may be affecting your anticipated results.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

It sounds like this may be affecting your anticipated results.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Velvet_Crowe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Deleted all Master Items and it worked. Unexpected simple solution.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@Velvet_Crowe 

Your description of the issue was virtually perfect! Thank you for being slow clear.

Kind regards...