Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waterscg
Creator
Creator

View user database filtered on assigned roles?

I recently installed the latest NPrinting version on my servers. I want to inform my Designer users of the need to install the updated version on their devices.

I typically assign Designer users to a specific 'Power User' role; e.g., "NPrinting App ABC - Power Users", "NPrinting App XYZ - Power Users", etc.

Unlike the Admin > Groups UI, the Admin > Roles UI doesn't provide a list of users assigned to each role.

Is there a way to filter or export/view my large user database based on the role(s) they belong to -- so that can inform the 100 or so said Designer users?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @waterscg 

A built-in NPrinting tool is currently not available to perform that action.

However, there is an externally built tool that might help you that does appear to extract the information you need.

See https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/NPrinting-Governance-Dashboard/ta-p/1744538

and check out point 8.

8. Users   -  Lists all users and the groups, roles, tasks, subcriptions, ondemand requests that they own or belong to

You can ask questions directly to the developer of this app there as well.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @waterscg 

A built-in NPrinting tool is currently not available to perform that action.

However, there is an externally built tool that might help you that does appear to extract the information you need.

See https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/NPrinting-Governance-Dashboard/ta-p/1744538

and check out point 8.

8. Users   -  Lists all users and the groups, roles, tasks, subcriptions, ondemand requests that they own or belong to

You can ask questions directly to the developer of this app there as well.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!