Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julioarriaga
Creator II
Creator II

What format is better between PixelPerfect Excel (or other) for a Nprinting report with lots of charts?

Hi,

I'm doing a Nprinting report with many visualizations. I was wondering which format between Excel, PixelPerfect or other, would work better?

Thanks in advance.

The target report looks something like this:

julioarriaga_0-1632757294718.png

julioarriaga_1-1632757554532.png

julioarriaga_2-1632758322809.png

Labels (2)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

If you are placing many images into your NPrinting reports, consider that the most image management options are available in MS Office NPrinting reports. (Excel, Word and Powerpoint NP reports).

You can also manually resize images in your reports by taking a corner of the image and dragging it to the size you need it to be. (be careful of making the images too small).

For more information about image management, see https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Formatting.htm

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is no one answer to this. 

My preference where possible is to use excel as it is much easier to work with, requires a lot less knowledge (with pixel perfect you really need to know what you are doing) and i prefer to use native excel charts than images. 

On top of that you get benefit of having object filters and probably the best possible options when it comes to use of images too. 

In case of tables it is also a lot easier as you can levarage excel formulas + you have native excel functions like pivot tables or pivot charts + slicers where required. 

Ultimately I always look at:

• what needts to be produced
  • what is the reports layout
  • whether I need to use levels or pages?
  • what is required output format?
  •  

Once I know all that I then I think of how I would build report using each of the templates an think what is the best result with the least effort.

by the way - I hate using images with NPrinting with Qlik Sense charts (apart from maps) ,therefore my go to template is usully one which supports native charts.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Lech_Miszkiewicz and @Frank_S . I would like to add to think also at the delivery format you want. If you want to deliver reports in PDF then PixelPerfect is better because you have a fine control of the layout. If you want to deliver reports in .xlsx it is better to develop an Excel template. delivering Excel templates as reports in PDF can generate layout settings issues.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

If you are placing many images into your NPrinting reports, consider that the most image management options are available in MS Office NPrinting reports. (Excel, Word and Powerpoint NP reports).

You can also manually resize images in your reports by taking a corner of the image and dragging it to the size you need it to be. (be careful of making the images too small).

For more information about image management, see https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Formatting.htm

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is no one answer to this. 

My preference where possible is to use excel as it is much easier to work with, requires a lot less knowledge (with pixel perfect you really need to know what you are doing) and i prefer to use native excel charts than images. 

On top of that you get benefit of having object filters and probably the best possible options when it comes to use of images too. 

In case of tables it is also a lot easier as you can levarage excel formulas + you have native excel functions like pivot tables or pivot charts + slicers where required. 

Ultimately I always look at:

• what needts to be produced
  • what is the reports layout
  • whether I need to use levels or pages?
  • what is required output format?
  •  

Once I know all that I then I think of how I would build report using each of the templates an think what is the best result with the least effort.

by the way - I hate using images with NPrinting with Qlik Sense charts (apart from maps) ,therefore my go to template is usully one which supports native charts.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Lech_Miszkiewicz and @Frank_S . I would like to add to think also at the delivery format you want. If you want to deliver reports in PDF then PixelPerfect is better because you have a fine control of the layout. If you want to deliver reports in .xlsx it is better to develop an Excel template. delivering Excel templates as reports in PDF can generate layout settings issues.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.