Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

What's next for NPrinting?

Hello together,

I have noticed that very little is happening lately in connection with NPrinting. Neither new releases (apart from SR) nor ideas are named/implemented.

The tendency is of course towards Qloud First, and as you know NPrinting does not currently have the interface to communicate with Qloud.

At the moment there are developments to implement some functionalities in the SaaS version, which will be further developed. In other words, a separate NPrinting for the Qloud.

However, some customers do not want to use the Qloud for X reasons, but would like to use NPrinting. Therefore, I ask myself the question of how to proceed with NPrinting.

Will it still be actively developed -> incl. feature versions or, as with QlikView, will it "only" receive bug fixes and optimisations.

Compared to NPrinting 16, there are still one or two useful features that are not yet included.

I would like to use this article to exchange thoughts and, if possible, to get a direction from Qlik on what the future looks like here.

Greetings

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

NPrinting will remain our On Premise, Client Managed Reporting Tool to service your current and long term on premise, client managed QlikView and Qlik Sense On Windows reporting requirements. This while other tools are being enabled over time within Qlik SAAS as that platform grows and evolves.

I cannot speak for the NPrinting Program Management and our R&D as to what is in the road map down the road at this time.

Nevertheless, unless we are otherwise directed, this is where we stand as of today and for the foreseeable future.

Regarding compatibility with Qlik Sense SAAS, please note that NPrinting is not supported for use with the Qlik SAAS platform.

For feature requests, feel free to drop your ideas here. It's important to get your ideas in here so that they can be voted on and pursued should R&D decide to do so. In the meantime, we do not have any news on full releases other than continuing with the May 2021 service release track. Keep in mind that the Release Notes for each Service Release contain Qlik Sense compatibility information. Please also reference the Qlik Help pages for compatibility information for each new release. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Planning-your-deploymen...

Further, if you wish, you may also engage your Qlik Account manager to discuss questions you may have as well.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hello @Frank_S 

Thank you for the detailed answer.

I am aware that Saas and the reporting service are currently more in focus than the client managed products.

However, I find it a shame that features that once existed in NPrinting are still not there, Test Tasks for example.

As seen in the help, there is still a feature gab between the old NPrinting version and the current one.
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/Introduction/Version-differences.htm

Are there still efforts to implement this here?

Frank_S
Support
Support

@Danijel

The NPrinting Road Map is managed by the Qlik Program Management team.

I suggest checking in with the 'ideas' site at the link below as to add your idea or upvote on existing.

The PM team uses the 'ideas' site for feedback on feature requests and determining product improvements.

Perhaps additionally you can speak with your partner manager and express your thoughts and feedback directly with them as well.

Although those of us from the support desk also share customer and partner feedback with Qlik Product Management, it is ultimately product management that makes decisions on Qlik Product feature enhancements.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!