Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

nPrinting 18 - Exclude Filter sorta

So I upgraded from NP 16.5 to 18.1

In NP 16.5, within Filters, there was the Select Exclude option. I had excluded countries Luxemburg, N. Ireland from my list of countries in my filter named Countries.

In NP 18, I do understand that you do not have the option to exclude which is why I did the opposite and choose all the countries I wanted.

So when I run my nPrinting report now, in my designer, I have Page object that selects countries in the tab of excel sheets. So eg.

UK tab,      USA tab,         Belgium tab

The countries from the Pages source works fine but my charts that are associated with this page show ALL (see my expression below).

My chart should say  UK incl Off System in the UK tab, USA incl off system in the USA tab etc,

Instead for all these tabs even though they do say the correct country name in the tab, I am seeing

All Incl Off System.

There is absolutely no change from NP 16.5 to the new version 18.1 I imported the charts in fact to test and even when failed, I created a brand new template and all result in the same thing. "All incl Off system

= if(GetSelectedCount(Country)>1 or GetSelectedCount(Country)=0,'All',Country) & ' Claims incl Off-system

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The "Select excluded" option is still not available in Qlik NPrinting 17+. You must insert the full list of the countries you want to include manually or by importing filters from an Excel file.

You see "All Incl Off System" in all worksheets because you added the field Country in the Pages node from a connection and the chart comes from a different one. If you select the Country field and the cart from the same connection you will get a result similar to the attached one that uses your formula (I copied and pasted it in my template).

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Going to upgrade from Sept to Nov release and see if this solves the issue.

Thanks again Ruggero

View solution in original post

13 Replies
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Also, am I understanding right

include_excluded

Does that mean it is looking for the excluded filtering?

GetSelectedCount()

field_nameThe field containing the range of data to be measured.
include_excludedIf set to True(), the count will include selected values, which are currently excluded by selections in other fields. If False or omitted, these values will not be included.
state_nameThe name of an alternate state. If specified, the counted value for the field in the alternate state is returned. If no alternate state is provided, the default state is used.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The "Select excluded" option is still not available in Qlik NPrinting 17+. You must insert the full list of the countries you want to include manually or by importing filters from an Excel file.

You see "All Incl Off System" in all worksheets because you added the field Country in the Pages node from a connection and the chart comes from a different one. If you select the Country field and the cart from the same connection you will get a result similar to the attached one that uses your formula (I copied and pasted it in my template).

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hey Ruggero,

I came back to this issue.

If I don't add my charts and drop Country into my template and use the <Country_Page>, then I see the Country when generated along with the corresponding country tab.

However, if I re-add my chart which has the title expression

= if(GetSelectedCount(Country)>1 or GetSelectedCount(Country)=0,'All',Country) & ' Claims incl Off-system

It keeps coming back with the Chart titled 'All Claims incl Off-System' and all the charts for each country remain the same.

I don't understand whats different between my working version on NPrinting 16 and the not working NPrinting 18

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I answered in the other conversation. In any case I tested your formula with Qlik NPrinting November 2018 Technical Preview and it works.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Find attached my app. Could you test it and see if it still works for you. You might spot something in my app that i'm not seeing.

It does 100% work on NPrinting 16 but I cannot for the life of me get it to work on 18.

As mentioned before, because I cant use exclude filtering working, I have instead used 'include only what countries I want' manually in the filter

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

See the attached template. It works on my November 2018 installation.

Best Regards,
Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Going to upgrade from Sept to Nov release and see if this solves the issue.

Thanks again Ruggero

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I'm back to this issue yet again. I've downgraded again to NPrinting 18 Sept. I just cant get Nov release up and running with this cert anyways.

Anyways, I've attached the QVW I am working with.

Can you add it to a test sheet and see if when importing the chart in the qvw, whether the chart detail and the bar chart changes to reflect the country tab name. This is my issue. Its not bringing in the country object to show the tab name. My problem is my chart in the qvw.