cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

nPrinting TLS Handshake Error

Using nPrinting 17.3 and Qlik Sense 3.0 SR3

Recently installed nPrinting 17.3 on a client machine.  Using qlik best practices we made sure that this is a separate machine from the Qlik Sense Server that they are currently using.

Installation process went smooth and everything seems to be up and running.  Was able to upload my Qlik Sense Certificates and the connection to the nPrinting engine is set up and has a status of online.

When i go to make my first connection however, i run in to an issue.  I initially receive a Connection Status = 'Connection Error' and under Cache Status i see "Error Request has been purged due to connection errors".  I've checked the log files and i see this information:

TLS Handshake Error.png

Then after a while, if i look back at my NPrinting Web Console, under Connection Status i see 'Ok' however the Cache Status still has the same error...  When i try to reload the metadata, i am back where i started and receive the 'Connection Error' status.

Couldn't necessarily find any information in troubleshooting or on forums that were similar so was looking for some guidance as to what could be causing this error.

Appreciate any help or suggestions!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Was able to fix this issue if anyone runs in to the same problem.

Appears the TLS Handshake error is due to errors in communication between NPrinting and the source system (Qlik Sense or Qlikview).  To fix this we went through a full reinstall of all three NPrinting programs (server, engine, designer)

Please ensure when installing, that the user installing the tools is using a service account logged on the machine, has Administrator rights on the machine that the tools are being installed on, as well as 'Log on as Service Rights' enabled. Not to mention is a RootAdmin in Qlikview or Qlik Sense.

Although, we THOUGHT we were following the installation directions to a T, when installing i was using my Windows User logged on to our NPrinting Machine, and entering in the Service Account credentials when prompted, we received the error.  So please be sure that you are logged on to the machine as the service account username when completing the installation process.

This seemed to fix our issue.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Was able to fix this issue if anyone runs in to the same problem.

Appears the TLS Handshake error is due to errors in communication between NPrinting and the source system (Qlik Sense or Qlikview).  To fix this we went through a full reinstall of all three NPrinting programs (server, engine, designer)

Please ensure when installing, that the user installing the tools is using a service account logged on the machine, has Administrator rights on the machine that the tools are being installed on, as well as 'Log on as Service Rights' enabled. Not to mention is a RootAdmin in Qlikview or Qlik Sense.

Although, we THOUGHT we were following the installation directions to a T, when installing i was using my Windows User logged on to our NPrinting Machine, and entering in the Service Account credentials when prompted, we received the error.  So please be sure that you are logged on to the machine as the service account username when completing the installation process.

This seemed to fix our issue.

MT4
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

What will happen with all tasks, connections etc already on the Nprinting installation. Will they have to be remade or is it enought to do the backup?

Thanks and kind regards

Michelle

d_ankusha
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Gregory,

Is there any alternate solution to this issue. Since I am having this same issue with a single app only. My other apps are able to generate MetaData.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The original message is related to a very old version.

What version are you using?

Did you followed the installation instructions in the help site?

Can you post your logs?

In any case it is better to start a new conversation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anushya_39
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi All,

This issue can be resolved by deleting all the unpublished sheets in the Corresponding Qlik App in the server.

The solution really helped us. 

Regards,

Anushya K