cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joekhoo
Contributor
Contributor

How to limit Qlik Replicate UI Server IP address binding

I am running Qlik Replicate Server and Qlik Replicate UI Server in a Windows 2019 server.

I noticed that the Qlik Replicate UI Server is configured to bind to all IPs on the server.

This is confirmed by the netstat command output below.

C:\>netstat -ano | findstr LISTENING | findstr 443
TCP 0.0.0.0:443 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 4
TCP [::]:443 [::]:0 LISTENING 4

How can I configure Qlik Replicate UI server to only bind to a specific IP address instead of all IP addresses on the server.

I am able to do this for Qlik Replicate server by adding an entry for "address": "127.0.0.1" in the repctl.cfg file. So the output for 3552 is as per below:

C:\>netstat -ano | findstr LISTENING | findstr 3552
TCP 127.0.0.1:3552 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 3252

Prior to this, it was also binding to all IPs

TCP 0.0.0.0:3552 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 3252

Labels (2)
14 Replies
avidary_qlik
Support
Support

Hi @joekhoo 
Thank you for your comments.

From the description, it looks like you were able to set only one IP for Replicate.

Do you have specific questions that we can help with?
Thank you
Avidar

DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @joekhoo ,

PID 4 a System process, I think it may be related to http.sys and it should be Windows issue.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
shashi_holla
Support
Support

@joekhoo 

By running following command, you are searching on 443 port, which is for https (secure layer) and it's applicable for all connections. This is not specific to Replicate.

C:\>netstat -ano | findstr LISTENING | findstr 443

Replicate server runs on port 3550 and if you run the following command, it will show pointing to localhost 127.0.0.1

C:\>netstat -ano | findstr LISTENING | findstr 3550

TCP 127.0.0.1:3550 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 5600

Replicate UI (3552) doesn't have that restriction as it needs to be accessed not just from the server where Replicate is installed but from outside as well.

Thank you,

joekhoo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @shashi_holla , @avidary_qlik  and @DesmondWOO 

3552 and 443 were both binded to 0.0.0.0 , meaning both was listening to all IP interfaces on the server.

For 3552, i was able to do this for Qlik Replicate server (3552) by adding an entry for "address": "127.0.0.1" in the repctl.cfg file. So the output for 3552 is as per below after i made the change:

TCP 127.0.0.1:3552 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 3252

I am trying to find out how to do that for 443 , the Qlik Replicate UI server.
The network interfaces that the services bind to is managed by the services and not Windows since it is not running under Windows IIS. Windows IIS service was not installed on this server.

best regards,

Joe Khoo

DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @joekhoo ,

Replicate UI server is using the Microsoft HTTP.SYS subsystem, offered on port 443. I've tried but cannot find a way to specify IP address for the port 443 and port 3552.

I would suggest to submit a new ticket to our support system and let us check with the internal team.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
joekhoo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @DesmondWOO ,

Thanks.

May I also check with you. For Replicate Server, is it also using HTTP.SYS subsystem ? 

best regards,

Joe Khoo

sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello @joekhoo 

Response from R&D in the case

----------------------------

The Qlik Replicate, Compose and Enterprise Manager products offer a web interface implemented using Microsoft's WCF framework which is a layer on top of the Windows HTTP subsystem (a.k.a HTTP.SYS). Every Windows machine has this HTTP.SYS subsystem and it handles all incoming HTTP/HTTPS requests, allowing multiple services on the Windows box to offer their web service via a single port 443 (without using HTTP.SYS, only one program can use port 443).

--------------------

Same thing is communicated to Kavitha as well

Regards,

Suresh

joekhoo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @sureshkumar ,

I noticed that the R&D reply was focused on Qlik Replicate UI service which is using port 443. And that is using Windows HTTP subsystem (HTTP.SYS).

But how about the Qlik Replicate service (that is running on Port 3552). 
Does that also use the Microsoft Windows HTTP subsystem (HTTP.SYS)? Or does it use something else ?

I am guessing it uses something else because Qlik Replicate service (3552) is also available for RHEL distributions.
I hope Qlik R&D will be able to clarify this.

Thank you.

best regards,

Joe Khoo

DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @joekhoo ,

You are right. The Qlik Replicate Server (repctl.exe) does not use HTTP.SYS. It is a native C program that serves as a web server on port 3552. 

Regards,
Desmond