Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Megha_More
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Regarding Windows user permission

Hi Team,

An admin access for Windows user  is granted for a four-day period. Do we need administrator rights after installation of Qlik Replicate, or can we move along without them?

Regards,

Megha

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Jon_Donker
Creator
Creator

If you are running the QR service under an AD account; there are some extra settings that you need to config to allow it to be run through a non admin AD account.

As for administrating QR; day to day operation I don't need admin rights to the server. 

It is only when there is a fault and the QR service needs to be restarted; or if a feature needs to be upgraded when I need admin rights.

As always; test in your Dev environment to ensure these musings applies to your setup.

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

Its already mentioned in the Qlik help Doc. By default, Qlik Replicate must be installed as an Administrator. After installing Qlik Replicate, you can opt to run Replicate under a different account, as described in Running Replicate under a different account.

When you make changes to default setting sometime, they may cause unpredictive behaviour . because some settings taking into consideration when task stops or starts or some on the fly. it always recommends sticking with the default privileges for peace of mind. 

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

Megha_More
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @SushilKumar ,

I understood, my question is that, when admin rights will gone, do we need to set some settings to that user or we can proceed it without set anything.

Regards,

Megha