Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ester_pr
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Saas Reporting - Report Task failed to send

Hi,

I did all the steps for qlik cloud reporting,

and I get an error message when running the report, how do I find the reason?

ester_pr_0-1703136675008.png

when editing I get

ester_pr_1-1703136675059.png

view

ester_pr_2-1703136675187.png

1. The email was checked and correct, I also tried a different email and still the same error

2. the filter is the exact name, and i tried without a filter

3.  there is an email setup on the server that works properly and sends emails and subscriptions

what should I do?

Ester

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

20 Replies
Henri_Rufin
Luminary
Luminary

This is like a major problem with the reporting service. It should work with application using filters limiting to one value. I use it all the time for dynamic selections and this causes the reporting to fail. 

AneeshKanakdande
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Does that mean it will also not work if a variable value is selected through filters?
I have two reporting tasks, one of them works and one does not.
The one that fails, has a filter that selects assigns a value to a variable. It worked for a couple runs and then started to fail. Thoughts? 

AneeshKanakdande_0-1712070568947.png

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

When a field has 'always one selected value' enabled in the data model, the report execution *must* have a filter that assigns one value to the filter.  If this condition is not met, the report task will fail. This situation is covered in the help documentation:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Reporting/cloud-in-app-r...

JonnyPoole_0-1712070990430.png

@AneeshKanakdande  if your report task has recently started failing I would check to ensure this condition (if applicable) is met. Also, check if you have an 'exit script' in your load script. There two situations are common causes of report tasks not executing as expected.  

There is also a more extensive list of tabular reporting restrictions here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Reporting/Reporting-serv...

Since you mention variables and filters however your issue may be a altogether different.  If you remove the variable filter does the task start working? Was there a change to the app or variable recently? 

AneeshKanakdande
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

@JonnyPoole I understand the 'always one value selected', there is no field with such a property, moreover if this was the reason, I would expect the 2nd task to fail as well.

There IS an exit script in the load script, but at the very end (after the distribution list section)

I also tried running the failing task without any filters, still failed.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Ok no problem. This thread was about an issue caused by  'always one selected value' so it was important to clarify for the community members that your issue is likely different and deserves its own community post. 

I'm not clear if you were applying the filter on the report task or through recipients or both. Can you clarify which approach you are using?  Also, can you tell me what, if any differences exist on the settings for the task that works vs. the task that fails:  different destination, different recipient, different format etc...  If you can share screenshots of task tabs for the working task vs. non-working task that could help. 

AneeshKanakdande
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Sure, using the filters at the task level, none at the recipient level. Just testing them, so sending to only one recipient through email only.
Task #1 that fails:

AneeshKanakdande_0-1712072957030.png

AneeshKanakdande_5-1712073121130.png

AneeshKanakdande_1-1712072992416.png

Filter

AneeshKanakdande_2-1712073050630.png

Task #2 that works

AneeshKanakdande_3-1712073085761.png

AneeshKanakdande_4-1712073100514.png

Filter

Thanks for the quick responses @JonnyPoole :))

AneeshKanakdande
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Somehow the last filter image did not come through, here it is (for the task that is working):

AneeshKanakdande_0-1712073202996.png

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I didn't see screenshots of the first tab in the report task properties (Template). Is it the same template in both tasks? 

Apart from that the only difference I see is the filters. The working task has one or more other filters that are not used in the second (failing) task. If the issue is filter related, I am not sure if the cause is due to the absence of the filters in the working task or the presence of the variable filter in the failing task.  

To debug this further I suggest:

1. confirming its the same template in both tasks

2. if its the same template, create a task that has no filters whatsoever and see if it works. 

If #2 is successful, then there is clearly an issue with the variable filter. If #2 is unsuccessful, there must be another dependency that is satisfied by the presence of the filter(s) on the working task. 

AneeshKanakdande
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

The templates are different for both.

@JonnyPoole I think I know why the task is failing, I just checked the template, and realized that if there is a Show condition on columns, they don't show up in the excel add-in pane as a column at all.

I had added this show condition after the initial successful runs, this could potentially be a reason for the task to fail. I will check it out without the condition and let you know. 

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

@AneeshKanakdande   thank you for the reply. Please let us know if this is indeed the issue. It may be something that should be added to the help.