Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Tabular Reporting - Table size

Hello everyone,

I am trying to distribute a slightly larger table with Tabular Reporting. The table has 31 columns and, depending on the filter, 100-200 thousand data records.

When I try to export it, I get the message in the preview: Max number of objects exceeded in report, error code: REP-400039.

Now the help (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Reporting/Reporting-serv...) says something about

Reporting limits for the Qlik add-in for Microsoft Excel
Metric Value
Maximum number of nested levels in a template 5
Maximum number of object tags in a template 200
Maximum number of objects per generated report

A single chart, variable value, level value, or expression value counts as one object.

For Excel tables, 500 generated cells count as one object. If there is an additional remainder of less than 500 cells (for example, several smaller tables containing a total of as many as 499 cells), this does not count as an object.

Maximum number of generated images in a report 1,000.

Does this mean that I can generate a maximum of 50,000 cells per report (in my case 31 columns x 1612 rows)? Per Excel file, per tab sheet?

Maybe someone can help?

Thanks and regards.

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

4 Replies
lotfiblo
Creator
Creator

Hi @Danijel 

When you preview the report, the table is not filtered; Qlik Sense tries to export all the columns and rows.

Add a filter and run the report using a task.

Thanks,

Use Qalyptus for your Qlik Sense on-premise and Qlik Sense SaaS Reporting
Connect with me on Linkedin
bagger
Contributor
Contributor

Get a Power Bi pro license for your users - extra $10 a month per user but you can then use create what you’re wanting with paginated reports.

It’s basically a report designer which is meant to be used to create reports that fit on a page. Would be great for your use case as end users can select the relevant parameters and download their data as a PDF/excel etc

Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I already actively use filters for this. The original data is much more.

Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

There are no plans to use another BI tool. The aim is to use Qlik Sense to its full extent.